NJ med's US News ranking? and residency match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakun

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how NJ Med ranks on the US News and World Report list in the past few years? also I'm wondering how their students fare in the residency match so, if anyone has this info, please share.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, they don't. NJMS doesn't fill out the survey, so they don't get ranked on US News. They're considered to be a good school, though, and I've heard they match well.

Members don't see this ad :)
can someone please post the link for the match list for new jersey med? i can't seem to find it anywhere on their website. thanks in advance.

For the match list for NJMS check out students-njms.umdnj.edu. It is located in the links on the right side of the screen (student affairs perhaps?)

The match list from NJMS is very good. Lots of specialties and lots of big names like UCSF, mass-general, cornell, columbia, etc.

The Robert Wood school, though I don't think it ranked in the top 50 this year, was something like 47th last year. It is a very good clinical school. However, since the ranking is biased towards research, the other NJ school in Newark would be considered "better." They have stronger research and a good match that another poster already provided a link to.

Thanks, Fzishn.

The links are actually on the left and its student life....for anyone else that's interested.

thanks for the link fzishn!

bonds, did the new rankings come out for 2004 already? how do you know that it didn't rank this year??

The Robert Wood school, though I don't think it ranked in the top 50 this year, was something like 47th last year. It is a very good clinical school. However, since the ranking is biased towards research, the other NJ school in Newark would be considered "better." They have stronger research and a good match that another poster already provided a link to

Actually, I think it's the other way around in terms of the research. RWJ is stronger research wise and definitely receives more federal funding for research than NJMS.

I found this link http://grants.nih.gov/grants/award/rank/medttlnod.htm

It says that Robert Wood is 61th and Newark is 67th, but the list seems kind of iffy since I thought the order of research dollars was 1. Harvard, 2. Penn, 3. Hopkins and this list doesn't indicate this order.
Anyone know if this is the correct list?