NJ pharmacy law exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amian04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew any good materials in preparation for the NJ pharmacy law exam? Thank you.

-AM, TEMPLE pharmacy

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am hoping someone could guide me too since I am out of state. Let me know if you find something :D

I just took New Jersey MPJE last week, being out of state as well. I printed off all the statutes and also the state CSA, and also I found a site http://http://www.pharmacyexam.com/ that allowed to download practice MPJE for a specific state for $40. I don't have my results yet, but I felt it was adequate. I took it a week ago so I should hear from the Board soon, I will let you know. I hated the amount of "which of the following is false" questions - by the time I finished reading the options, they all sounded true! And I couldn't find the law with who is allowed to prescribe what in New Jersey anywhere online, and I procrastinated too long to request a copy from the Board or something, so I just guessed based on the general info off the NABP CD and my knowledge of Nebraska law.

I just took New Jersey MPJE last week, being out of state as well. I printed off all the statutes and also the state CSA, and also I found a site http://http://www.pharmacyexam.com/ that allowed to download practice MPJE for a specific state for $40. I don't have my results yet, but I felt it was adequate. I took it a week ago so I should hear from the Board soon, I will let you know. I hated the amount of "which of the following is false" questions - by the time I finished reading the options, they all sounded true! And I couldn't find the law with who is allowed to prescribe what in New Jersey anywhere online, and I procrastinated too long to request a copy from the Board or something, so I just guessed based on the general info off the NABP CD and my knowledge of Nebraska law.
Thanks Hels...Let me know how you do :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Passing is all that matters.

Yeah, but compared to 138 on my NAPLEX... and considering that I love law, and considered a regulatory affairs fellowship... :oops: I just didn't really study, reviewed over two days... considering it's an out of state exam for me, I should have put more effort into it, but being drained after NAPLEX and having to pack for the move, I didn't really feel like it. That's the biggest danger to any test taker, I think - just been too tired to care anymore.

Yeah, but compared to 138 on my NAPLEX... and considering that I love law, and considered a regulatory affairs fellowship... :oops: I just didn't really study, reviewed over two days... considering it's an out of state exam for me, I should have put more effort into it, but being drained after NAPLEX and having to pack for the move, I didn't really feel like it. That's the biggest danger to any test taker, I think - just been too tired to care anymore.

I know what you mean. I take the MPJE today, but yesterday I just stopped studying. I've had enough and I'm so tired of studying. Anyway, it's all over for you now.

Hi there,
I am taking NJ MPJE soon and I am also using materials from pharmacy exam. Did you find it helpful or should I be looking for other materials to study?

I know what you mean. I take the MPJE today, but yesterday I just stopped studying. I've had enough and I'm so tired of studying. Anyway, it's all over for you now.

Good luck to you! If it's in-state, it should be OK - after all, you've learned it at school and you worked within those laws. I wouldn't have studied at all... though I've heard some states love to ask about fines for different violations. I am glad I didn't have any of that.

Hi there,
I am taking NJ MPJE soon and I am also using materials from pharmacy exam. Did you find it helpful or should I be looking for other materials to study?

Yes, it was helpful. A lot of it (the explanations part) comes directly out of the pharmacy act, but I don't think it's enough. They try to cover the major points, but they don't cover everything. I strongly suggest you read the pharmacy act and the CSA in their entirety, unless New Jersey is your home state and you've worked there for a few months or more. It's biggest value was that it was way easier to read and remember than the laws themselves, and also it included some random facts for which I couldn't find the statues/acts/regulations online. Also, a good practice for reading the question - I think that's the biggest downfall of unsuccessful MPJE takers - not reading the question right.

Hi,
I am hoping someone could guide me too since I am out of state. Let me know if you find something :D
MPJE today SUCKED!!! Had no clue what was going on...I just wanted to get out of the room. Don't know what's gonna happen now...But I am very sure I failed it :(

MPJE today SUCKED!!! Had no clue what was going on...I just wanted to get out of the room. Don't know what's gonna happen now...But I am very sure I failed it :(
Yea, I took it yesterday and if it weren't for the fact that everybody thinks they failed it, I'd already be reapplying to take it again. pharmgrl, how many of the 90 questions did you feel really confident about. I would say about 15 for me.

Yea, I took it yesterday and if it weren't for the fact that everybody thinks they failed it, I'd already be reapplying to take it again. pharmgrl, how many of the 90 questions did you feel really confident about. I would say about 15 for me.
Really confident??? Not many, i would say around 15 or even less :(, but I am sure I failed it. it will be one of 7 wonders if I passed it. :laugh: I will re-apply soon. :(

Does anyone know where to find updates for NJ Law? Is there anything posted from the NJ state board. Where do you find letters to pharmacies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For anyone wondering, I found information to my own post thru NABP's website and NJ's state newsletter link. If you read thru them for this year they clarify info not in the stuff sent.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone can help me understand what I am doing wrong!! I gave my MPJE once before with a score of 72.. I gave it again a month later with a score of 74!! I am feeling disgusted.... I read Federal law, pharmacy act and CSA book..along with the Pharmacy exam CD... when I gave my first exam..I was sure I did well.. I was confused the second time... I have lost my confidence to give for the third time now... I feel I will screw it again!!! Please help me get some direction... Is it true that my 3rd chance will be my last and the board will not allow me to give it again!!!! Do you think I should transfer my NAPLEX to some other state so I can take another state's law???? Please help.....

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone can help me understand what I am doing wrong!! I gave my MPJE once before with a score of 72.. I gave it again a month later with a score of 74!! I am feeling disgusted.... I read Federal law, pharmacy act and CSA book..along with the Pharmacy exam CD... when I gave my first exam..I was sure I did well.. I was confused the second time... I have lost my confidence to give for the third time now... I feel I will screw it again!!! Please help me get some direction... Is it true that my 3rd chance will be my last and the board will not allow me to give it again!!!! Do you think I should transfer my NAPLEX to some other state so I can take another state's law???? Please help.....

I think you need to (re)take the law class at the local school if you fail three times... If you feel you know the material, maybe you are just reading too much into the questions and getting yourself confused that way? Try to do some practice tests (I remember downloading a tutorial+practice questions from some website for $45 or $50...)