NMD's and service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2serve

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to serve as a doctor in the military. Can NMD's licensed in Arizona service as medical personell in the military? In Arizona NMD's (naturopathic medical doctors) by state license, can do anything a family practice medical doctor can do (and more). They can prescribe all drugs, do minor surgery, set fractures. They also are trained in botanical medicine, acupuncture etc. But they can legally do the same as an allopathic physician.

So if they are licensed in Arizona can they work as a primary care doctor in the military? Laws vary from state to state, most states find NMD's unlicensed and few have the broad scope Arizona has - however laws vary state to state in regards to PA's and NP's too.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would like to serve as a doctor in the military. Can NMD's licensed in Arizona service as medical personell in the military? In Arizona NMD's (naturopathic medical doctors) by state license, can do anything a family practice medical doctor can do (and more). They can prescribe all drugs, do minor surgery, set fractures. They also are trained in botanical medicine, acupuncture etc. But they can legally do the same as an allopathic physician.

So if they are licensed in Arizona can they work as a primary care doctor in the military? Laws vary from state to state, most states find NMD's unlicensed and few have the broad scope Arizona has - however laws vary state to state in regards to PA's and NP's too.

Nope. But thanks for asking.
r/

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you looked into the HSPS rather than HPSP? Usually considered a better option for naturopaths.

Have you looked into the HSPS rather than HPSP? Usually considered a better option for naturopaths.

pardon my slowness - but are you saying its possible for an NMD to serve in the military as a medical personell?

would a recruiter know?