no accept, no reject, no waitinglist. Does anyone have this issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oral09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into dental school last year, but I wonder if anyone has this issue with dental schools. I had interview with columbia, and midwestern. After the interviews, they sent me nothing concerning about my status. not even a rejected letter. So, what's going on here. they lost my application? sure not.

Members don't see this ad.

....I would have called them by now

maybe it went in your spam - but usually, any important correspondences are done over snail mail too.

I'm confused, you were accepted in December 2008 but looking for DAT Destroyer in May 2009. Did you decline that acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused, you were accepted in December 2008 but looking for DAT Destroyer in May 2009. Did you decline that acceptance?
no, one of my friends was going to take the DAT. So i recommended her to buy the Destroyer. She didnt use this forum before, so I bought it for her thru this forum.

And I think they should send me snail mail if they make any decisions. Even they accept me now, i won't go there anyways. But I mean, i paid for the application fees.

I had few schools with no responses at all too
Oh well
lol
I want my application fee back haha jks

I got accepted into dental school last year, but I wonder if anyone has this issue with dental schools. I had interview with columbia, and midwestern. After the interviews, they sent me nothing concerning about my status. not even a rejected letter. So, what's going on here. they lost my application? sure not.
Some schools wait till the first day of school before they send you their rejection letter. UCSF for example has called students 2 days after schools started, offering them admission, because some people just change their mind at the last minute and spots become available. If you haven't heard anything by now, however, that pretty much means a rejection!

ya I had three of those in Nova interview (Dec 3rd), Detroit Mercy (Jan) and Maryland (May). I called and emailed but didnt get any response besides your application is still under review. Its like they just loose your application. I dont blame Maryland as much as the other two because I was the last interview date at Maryland so I didnt have much of a shot especially with my DAT scores. But Detroit Mercy was really frustrating because I was one of the first out of state interviews( it didnt go well though because my interviewer basically just told me flat out your dat scores arnt competitive and I had no idea what to say back to him so I was just waiting for some kind of news- they told me I would hear within two weeks after the interview .... didnt get anything until today in the mail haha) And Nova I swear just lost my application because I didnt hear anything for the longest time until I continuously asked what was going on in May since they also said I would hear within 2 weeks and finally got a rejection letter.

But its just frustrating not being able to get information about your application and just waiting for the inevitable when it gets this late in the process. There really should be a way of talking to the admissions directors to find out about your application. But this becomes next to impossible at least from Detroit and Nova(at least to get through on the phone and took me like 5 tries via email). O well my rant is done.... it just can become a very long process when you apply in june and are still waiting to hear from your interviews a year later.

ya I had three of those in Nova interview (Dec 3rd), Detroit Mercy (Jan) and Maryland (May). I called and emailed but didnt get any response besides your application is still under review. Its like they just loose your application. I dont blame Maryland as much as the other two because I was the last interview date at Maryland so I didnt have much of a shot especially with my DAT scores. But Detroit Mercy was really frustrating because I was one of the first out of state interviews( it didnt go well though because my interviewer basically just told me flat out your dat scores arnt competitive and I had no idea what to say back to him so I was just waiting for some kind of news- they told me I would hear within two weeks after the interview .... didnt get anything until today in the mail haha) And Nova I swear just lost my application because I didnt hear anything for the longest time until I continuously asked what was going on in May since they also said I would hear within 2 weeks and finally got a rejection letter.

But its just frustrating not being able to get information about your application and just waiting for the inevitable when it gets this late in the process. There really should be a way of talking to the admissions directors to find out about your application. But this becomes next to impossible at least from Detroit and Nova(at least to get through on the phone and took me like 5 tries via email). O well my rant is done.... it just can become a very long process when you apply in june and are still waiting to hear from your interviews a year later.

I would have been so upset, what was the point of you flying out there to interview at detroit if your DAT scores werent competitive enough then?!?!

ya he was the worst interviewer ever..... I should have know right from the start because he introduced himself and then when he was leading me to his room walked ten feet in front of me without saying a word to me for the 4 minute walk. But the worst was during the interview he would ask me a question and just stare at me while I would answer (very uncomfortable) and then after I finished he would wait like 10 seconds before saying anything so half the time I didnt know what to do .... does he want me to say more or what so I started rambling on especially after he told me my DAT scores were not competitive. But the head of admissions came and talked to me after the interview which helped a lot. She said he was a really rough interview and has made people cry in the past. (Why would you ever let him interview again... he made such a bad impression on the school that I would not have gone if I had been accepted and it is the only reason I am not applying there this year). But when I got home I sent her a thank you email but I didnt get any response and like I said didnt hear until just now.

ya he was the worst interviewer ever..... I should have know right from the start because he introduced himself and then when he was leading me to his room walked ten feet in front of me without saying a word to me for the 4 minute walk. But the worst was during the interview he would ask me a question and just stare at me while I would answer (very uncomfortable) and then after I finished he would wait like 10 seconds before saying anything so half the time I didnt know what to do .... does he want me to say more or what so I started rambling on especially after he told me my DAT scores were not competitive. But the head of admissions came and talked to me after the interview which helped a lot. She said he was a really rough interview and has made people cry in the past. (Why would you ever let him interview again... he made such a bad impression on the school that I would not have gone if I had been accepted and it is the only reason I am not applying there this year). But when I got home I sent her a thank you email but I didnt get any response and like I said didnt hear until just now.

I feel for you since I have similar DAT scores to yours. What would anyone say in that situation? Was he trying to see how you'd respond when he tells you that your stats weren't competitive?

I am applying this year, so I am trying to prepare for questions like these.

He could have been brutally honest since a 19 is the national average.

It seems that numbers 17 and below on any section of the DAT are really turn off for most schools resulting if not flat out rejection like IU did recently to some posters then dragging their feet and rejecting later
But it is really strange- why offer interview if they do not like your numbers and do not think you competitive enough for their school...

It seems that numbers 17 and below on any section of the DAT are really turn off for most schools resulting if not flat out rejection like IU did recently to some posters then dragging their feet and rejecting later
But it is really strange- why offer interview if they do not like your numbers and do not think you competitive enough for their school...
Because your people skills may end up saving you at the end. They don't want some nerd with 25+ who acts awkward in social settings. They want well-rounded individuals with decent academic backgrounds.

Because your people skills may end up saving you at the end. They don't want some nerd with 25+ who acts awkward in social settings. They want well-rounded individuals with decent academic backgrounds.

Exactly! I really like your responds man! good luck :thumbup: