Submitting but no DAT or letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigToothPerson

Reaction score
I am taking the DAT for the first time on June 29th. A few months ago, I met with admissions at a school I'm interested in OOS. They told me to wait to submit until after I take the DAT because they wouldn't look at my application before it's verified, so I told my four letter writers I didn't need my LoRs until that day in June.
Then about two weeks ago a different admissions person at an IS school told me to submit as soon as the application opens and the advice on here seems to follow that. Oops

How much am I screwing things up by submitting in basically July with no verified score? I didn't realize it could take them up to a month to verify it :( I'm going to send schools my unofficial scores ASAP, but should I submit on June 4th with no score and still waiting on letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would recommend submitting asap just to get everything verified. Transcripts, if there's an error, can set you back. So best to get that set.

You should still be fine even having a July DAT score as long as everything else is submitted. It's still technically early.

I would recommend submitting asap just to get everything verified. Transcripts, if there's an error, can set you back. So best to get that set.

You should still be fine even having a July DAT score as long as everything else is submitted. It's still technically early.
Thanks! I sent my official transcripts last week so hopefully there's no delay.

I'm using Interfolio for my letters, so I'm not sure how that changes things. The Help Center says I wouldn't be able to update "incomplete evaluations". If I enter my letter writers' email IDs and leave it as is when I submit, would it lock like that??? My bad if this has been answered elsewhere I'm just confused.