No Credit (NC) on transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dell20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I can't seem to find the answer to this.

In the past, I took a few classes that I decided, after the census date, to drop. I ended up dropping the class late enough that it shows up on my transcript as a NC (no credit), but I didn't actually earn a grade...

How do I go about adding these to the AMCAS?

Again, these are classes where I dropped before I received a grade, but after it was too late to not have the class appear on my transcript, I'm not clear on what to do!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

...Normally, though, schools should have a "W" on the transcript for withdrawals. Hopefully AMCAS doesn't try to correct the classes as "Pass/Fail" rather than "Withdrawal." If they do, call them and correct them.

Isn't this pretty much the same as a "W"?

Yeah. It's really weird the way our system works.

Basically, if we drop after a certain point, instead of it being a W, it is a NC. If we drop the class before some arbitrary time, the course just disappears from the transcript.

Thanks to both of you... I was kinda freaking out about this!

Now, the next question is, will these look bad on the application?

Hey everyone,
I can't seem to find the answer to this.

In the past, I took a few classes that I decided, after the census date, to drop. I ended up dropping the class late enough that it shows up on my transcript as a NC (no credit), but I didn't actually earn a grade...

How do I go about adding these to the AMCAS?

Again, these are classes where I dropped before I received a grade, but after it was too late to not have the class appear on my transcript, I'm not clear on what to do!
Thanks!

In my situation I had a class from many years back, it was a networking class. ELT 116 H but it listed the credits at 0 and there was no grade, AMCAS after verification changed teh course type to No Record, 0 for OT hours, semester hours were blank, grade was blank and they left pass fail blank. Dont know if that helps.