"No decision" from Drexel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Drexel saying at this time, my application is "No Decision", which they said a final decision will be made in March. Is this their way of basically saying you'll be rejected later, but we don't want to waste our postage on you yet type thing, or has anyone actually interviewed and then gotten accepted off of it?

Members don't see this ad.

musiclink213 said:
I got an email from Drexel saying at this time, my application is "No Decision", which they said a final decision will be made in March. Is this their way of basically saying you'll be rejected later, but we don't want to waste our postage on you yet type thing, or has anyone actually interviewed and then gotten accepted off of it?

This sounds a lot like the delayed decision thing from Tufts. I think what it means is that the admissions committee has put of deciding your fate because they want to compare you to the other applicants. It doesn't necessarily mean rejection; it could be a future waitlist, rejection, or acceptance. Hang in there, man. I know how hard it is.

music- when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same email from the ad com the other day. I dont really know what to make of it....

ZBLINK said:
music- when did you interview?

I didn't interview. In March, they said is when they tell me if I get an interview or rejection.

musiclink213 said:
I didn't interview. In March, they said is when they tell me if I get an interview or rejection.
WOW That BITES! So it's like u have to wait til March to perhaps interview, so that u can wait some more to see if u got accepted. That's just evil.

musiclink213 said:

NAH MAN! it's a positive thing.

my friend interviewed at drexel in late october.

when he kept calling for a decison, they told me that "no decison has been made yet" or decision has been postponed... whatever the hell that means...

but low and behold, he gets an acceptance letter in the mail 2 weeks later.

musiclink213 said:

it sucks because you have to wait, but i don't know that it's a hopeless situation. i'm not an on the "no decision" hold and got offered an interview a few weeks ago, but i couldn't schedule one until early april. so, if they decide in march to interview you, you won't be interviewing much later than lots of us. :)