No Destroyer... Because shipping to Hawaii is ridiculous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsJD

June 7.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I take the DAT in 3 weeks. I originally had planned to use destroyer along with other resources, but after I ordered it, they called me and said I was going to have to pay more $$ to ship to Hawaii. Not knowing what to do, I just didn't go through with the order because it seemed too ridiculously expensive to ship the book.

I looked on amazon/ebay for used ones, but didn't have any luck.

So the short of it is this: I'm using datqvault/achiever (3 tests)/ and Chad's videos. I also have access to cliffnotes and KBB (but don't use either much). How do you think I'm standing right now?

I can't really have destroyer shipped now, because many places ship books media mail which can take 1-2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

I just checked eBay and there are multiple listings.

And their shipping rates are absolutely ridiculous. I shipped a hair straightener to Hawaii for 10 bucks and it took less than a week to get there. They do anything they can to get more money. I didn't like the Destroyer myself and found it useless--nowhere NEAR the ridiculous price tag and even more outrageous shipping cost.

Just really know Chad, Cliff's AP Bio, and Barron's AP Bio.

As an aside, though, I don't think media mail should take THAT long. eBay requires buyers to ship within a period of time. I'd be shocked if it took more than 2 weeks tops.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Those are good ideas, I could have had someone on the mainland ship it to me, but with my DAT in 3 weeks (and potentially not receive it for another week/week and a half) is it even worth it? It's not exactly pocket change to use for a few hours.

Could I manage without it? Thanks glimmer for the honesty of saying you didn't like destroyer, I've heard that before.

Hey everyone,

I take the DAT in 3 weeks. I originally had planned to use destroyer along with other resources, but after I ordered it, they called me and said I was going to have to pay more $$ to ship to Hawaii. Not knowing what to do, I just didn't go through with the order because it seemed too ridiculously expensive to ship the book.

I looked on amazon/ebay for used ones, but didn't have any luck.

So the short of it is this: I'm using datqvault/achiever (3 tests)/ and Chad's videos. I also have access to cliffnotes and KBB (but don't use either much). How do you think I'm standing right now?

I can't really have destroyer shipped now, because many places ship books media mail which can take 1-2 months.

I might be able to help you with this. Check your pm.

Did you try to contact the company that makes Destroyer? I think it is orgoman.com They could not ship it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I might be able to help you with this. Check your pm.

Experiment626 saved my life selling me his destroyer for $50 and giving me his math destroyer for free. What are the odds of someone else in Hawaii trying to sell their destroyer the same time I'm trying to buy it!? Heaven sent.

TIme to bust through destroyer! Experiment626, you are the man.

And thanks to everyone else for the suggestions.