No EC to speak of

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobbler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmm I am in a bit of problem here. I can't seem to enjoy anything that "normal" people do.

(i.e. cooking, swimming, jogging, skiing,reading, mountain biking, blah blah boring stuff).

Stuff I do enjoy are things that not alot of people are into it so I never got the chance to do much of them. Can't really say somethng is an EC if you never tried it.

i.e. rock climbing ( tried twice in my life), paintball (never tried in my life but looks fun), airsoft (same as paintball, never tried in my life but looks super fun)

Most of the EC I am interested in involve quite alot of people so is kind of hard to get somethign going.

What's the solution? Right now I have no EC that I can write on my resume.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i bet you're also interested in medicine even though you never tried it

Hmm I am in a bit of problem here. I can't seem to enjoy anything that "normal" people do.

(i.e. cooking, swimming, jogging, skiing,reading, mountain biking, blah blah boring stuff).

Stuff I do enjoy are things that not alot of people are into it so I never got the chance to do much of them. Can't really say somethng is an EC if you never tried it.

i.e. rock climbing ( tried twice in my life), paintball (never tried in my life but looks fun), airsoft (same as paintball, never tried in my life but looks super fun)

Most of the EC I am interested in involve quite alot of people so is kind of hard to get somethign going.

What's the solution? Right now I have no EC that I can write on my resume.
Hmm...! Let's see if we can't generate some introspection here...

So what is it that you do when you're not in class or studying? And don't say "sleep!"

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to find people with the same interests. I would bet there's a rock climbing club and a paintball club at your school.

Also, these are only activities. You still need research, volunteering, clinical experiences. Don't forget about these.

You need to find people with the same interests. I would bet there's a rock climbing club and a paintball club at your school.

Also, these are only activities. You still need research, volunteering, clinical experiences. Don't forget about these.

i couldn't agree more. Heck your EC activities can be volunteering or shadowing. it just depends on what you classify EC as.

What the hell? Do you just have no hobbies? What do you do with your time?

And it's so easy to find people to go paintballing and rock climbing with.

Yeah, no hobbies. That's what I meant. Forget that EC include volunteering and stuff.

During school year, I hardly have time for anything so all I do is pretty much going to school, study, sleep, and eat. (and spent rest of my time cleaning my room)

During summer - I dunno. Last summer I was working and volunteering. Went rock climbing once. Spent rest of the free time surfing the web & watching TV shows.

Find some volunteer work in the medical field. Exposure to medicine is becoming almost a requirement for applicants at many schools. This isn't difficult. Go to any local hospital, nursing home, etc, ask for the volunteer form, and start showing up. Ask any doctor you know if you can shadow them. Do something.

you sir, are in need of some good life experiences.

go out and live. looks like you have some adventuring to do, somewhere other than your room, the restroom, your classroom, and the kitchen.