You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
No interview invites yet. Was I arrogant into thinking I'd have some by now?
Started by pk62281
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think the cure for the worry is sign off of SDN for awhile. I was thinking about how if I didn't check this site everyday, I'd be way less stressed. I would still think it was way early to be hearing back from school. But it seems like everyone in the world is announcing the multiple interview invites they've received. That being said, why I am still on here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My stats are..
23AA/21TS/26PAt
oGPA:3.3
sGPA:3.3
BCP:3.2
GPA has a solid upward trend with my post bac GPA being 4.0.
Received an engineering degree in 2003 and have been working as an engineer since.
60 hours of shadowing.
About a 1000 hours of volunteer work, but accumulated in 2002-2004.
Disclosed a misdeamonor charge from 8 years ago that did not lead to a conviction. (I was not convicted, so I technically did not have to disclose it, but I did it anyway so there were no surprises. I called several schools and they all told me it would not affect my chances)
I'm Asian-American.
Applied to 19 schools.
Am I being arrogant into thinking that I should have gotten an interview invite from MWU-AZ, Case, and Nova like others whos mail in date is around the same time as me (7/18)?
I really need a December 1st acceptance.
I'm paranoid now that I have a red flag in my application that I do not know about.
too early to start worrying just yet,..hang in there n im sure soon ull get an interview invite very soon...ur post bac gpa n dat score are very very impressive
like the above post ...mid august is when they start handing out massive interviews....i looked at last years interview invite post n august 15th is when mass interviews were sent out
The short answer is: yes.
Have people from the 7/18 batch received interviews from case? Not that I've heard of..
I think the cure for the worry is sign off of SDN for awhile. I was thinking about how if I didn't check this site everyday, I'd be way less stressed. I would still think it was way early to be hearing back from school. But it seems like everyone in the world is announcing the multiple interview invites they've received. That being said, why I am still on here?
"Like." 👍
My friend who is now a dental student said most interview invites arrive late August/early September. We are so close my friends...!
Nevertheless I'm still clenching at night due to stress lololol. I need to make myself a ng...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For this post, I think with that many schools, you should not yet be worried till end of September. Hope you applied to Tufts! That schools gives out interviews super late, but has a pretty good acceptance rate for interviewed candidates. Also, don't have to have a high stat to get in. Don't worry too much now 🙂 
I noticed last year UCLA's secondary was sent a month or so later than UCSF's secondary and it's about as long as UCSF's. UW's even worse for OOS applicants, send out secondaries around mid-November.

I just read UCLA's website, it says their application review begins in October. That is even later. Very nerve-wracking!
I noticed last year UCLA's secondary was sent a month or so later than UCSF's secondary and it's about as long as UCSF's. UW's even worse for OOS applicants, send out secondaries around mid-November.
I think that would apply if he applied for fall of 2011, but since he applied for fall of 2012, I dont think he can worry just yet lol
My stats are..
23AA/21TS/26PAt
oGPA:3.3
sGPA:3.3
BCP:3.2
GPA has a solid upward trend with my post bac GPA being 4.0.
Received an engineering degree in 2003 and have been working as an engineer since.
60 hours of shadowing.
About a 1000 hours of volunteer work, but accumulated in 2002-2004.
Disclosed a misdeamonor charge from 8 years ago that did not lead to a conviction. (I was not convicted, so I technically did not have to disclose it, but I did it anyway so there were no surprises. I called several schools and they all told me it would not affect my chances)
I'm Asian-American.
Applied to 19 schools.
Am I being arrogant into thinking that I should have gotten an interview invite from MWU-AZ, Case, and Nova like others whos mail in date is around the same time as me (7/18)?
I really need a December 1st acceptance.
I'm paranoid now that I have a red flag in my application that I do not know about.
DUDE! You are way too arrogant. Those stats won't get you coffee at McDonalds, let alone an interview for dental school.
And that whole asian-american thing, wew, that will throw a wrench into things.
You are DEFINITELY screwed!
Good luck.
DUDE! You are way too arrogant. Those stats won't get you coffee at McDonalds, let alone an interview for dental school.
And that whole asian-american thing, wew, that will throw a wrench into things.
You are DEFINITELY screwed!
Good luck.
Pretty uncalled for Goooob(your personality would get you spit in your coffe at McDonalds) I wonder what your stats look like and race should have nothing to do with this but your obviously just being immature this is not the place for negativity try an put a little construction into your criticism skills.
👎 For you sir.
Pretty uncalled for Goooob(your personality would get you spit in your coffe at McDonalds) I wonder what your stats look like and race should have nothing to do with this but your obviously just being immature this is not the place for negativity try an put a little construction into your criticism skills.
👎 For you sir.
Is your sarcasm detector in the shop? I think he was joking around....I think.
3
321931
Having a chip on your shoulder won't get you into Dental School. People/interviewers can sense it, and no one likes one of those guys.
race should have nothing to do with this
Actually.......
I'm not going to go there lol
I regret starting this thread. I thought it would die but it keeps coming back haha.
nice bump you did for yourself bro
actually.......
I'm not going to go there lol
lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K