no interview yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm worried about have no interviews yet
I have 3.7 w/upward trend and 509 with solid ecs(clinical and nonclinical volunteering, president of clubs, student government, research), and ORM from MI
I also applied to 26 schools, and was complete at all schools by late July/early August

School List:
Central Mi, Western MI, Wayne, Oakland, MSU, UMiami MD/MPH, UMich, OhioState, OHSU MD/MPH, Penn State, Jefferson, Temple, Tulane, Loyola, Drexel, Tufts, Wake, MCW, GW, Georgetown, Creighton-AZ, UA-Tucson, Indiana, VCU, Vermont, NYMC

Rejected- Indiana, MSU, Georgetown, Tulane
Pre-interview hold- GW, UA-Tucson, NYMC

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
FWIW I applied to several of the mid tier schools on your list (WMed, Ohio, Penn, Jefferson, Temple, Tufts, Wake, VCU and Vermont) and have had 100% silence from all of them despite having interviews elsewhere. I think these schools in particular receive a ton of applications so it could be a matter of them simply not even getting to your app yet, or my own! Give it some time, I know it’s hard and easier said than done but many of these schools interview well into the next year so you could still have one in the works coming to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing we can do but wait. Still have a month to two months left before a re-app is essentially set in stone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi OP, while I have had some interviews so far, it's mostly radio silence from all the schools I applied to in August. I hope November is a turning tide for all of us to start hearing some good news back, good luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users
The “traditional” deadline is Thanksgiving but my feeling is a good 10%~20% of interview remain and will given out between now and early next year
I honestly think you are being too pessimistic here. I realize both Michigan and Vandy are in the same upper tier of the universe, but they are among the very few that are very transparent and share admissions data periodically throughout the cycle. UCF, in an entirely different tier, also generously shares data on its website.

No way to know how recently the numbers were updated, but they all show far in excess of 20% of IIs remain. Michigan is showing they have scheduled 296 of a typical 468 (63%), as reported on MSAR; Vandy is at 358 out of 633 (57%) and UCF is 120 out of 467 (26%).

I generally respect your gut, and there is always a chance the websites are severely under reporting what is actually going on, but I think actual reported numbers are a better indicator of what's happening than anyone's gut. :) I'm sure there are exceptions, and some schools are probably further along, but my money is on most schools not yet being almost (80-90%) done the first week in November.

Reactions: 2 users
I honestly think you are being too pessimistic here. I realize both Michigan and Vandy are in the same upper tier of the universe, but they are among the very few that are very transparent and share admissions data periodically throughout the cycle. UCF, in an entirely different tier, also generously shares data on its website.

No way to know how recently the numbers were updated, but they all show far in excess of 20% of IIs remain. Michigan is showing they have scheduled 296 of a typical 468 (63%), as reported on MSAR; Vandy is at 358 out of 633 (57%) and UCF is 120 out of 467 (26%).

I generally respect your gut, and there is always a chance the websites are severely under reporting what is actually going on, but I think actual reported numbers are a better indicator of what's happening than anyone's gut. :) I'm sure there are exceptions, and some schools are probably further along, but my money is on most schools not yet being almost (80-90%) done the first week in November.
So depending on the school anywhere from 10% to 50%? This wild speculation and obsessive number crunching is wearing on my soul. I’m gonna drink some tea and spend time away from the Internet for the rest of the year

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So depending on the school anywhere from 10% to 50%? This wild speculation and obsessive number crunching is wearing on my soul. I’m gonna drink some tea and spend time away from the Internet for the rest of the year
Yes and no. Some schools are notably slow(er) than usual while some are doing fine. If you submitted early and have zero II's right now, or are expecting something from schools who have already sent out II's to people at your date and past (not saying this is an end-all-be-all, since many factors go into 'sorting' that aren't worth discussing), maybe you should do some re-evaluation.

Also yes number-crunching is just a maladaptive coping mechanism, don't bother yourself with it. There can be 99% of interviews left and you can get none; there can be 0.01 % of interviews left and that last one is yours. Literally no one knows. At this point just wait until Thanksgiving, as everyone has said, and if you have none, then re-assess. If you put your best foot forward and have a reasonably competitive application then you shouldn't worry. Sit tight..

Reactions: 3 users
Brody is at 192/434
Arizona Tucson 385/476
Arizona Phoenix 291/396
Colorado 180/706 (but this us interviewed, not invites)

It may not be a bad idea to start preparation for next cycle. Your EC sounds impressive and there may be other ways to present them more impactfully.

Reactions: 1 user
In my opinion, the most impactful, high yield way to spend your time would be to study for the MCAT very intensely and aim to retake in May. Even a 6 point increase would pay dividends if you have to reapply.

Hard to bolster activities in the span of 7 months. For MCAT, 7 months is plenty of time to study

I’m not saying you won’t get interviews as I do think that some schools are proceeding a bit slower because they don’t need to notify as far in advance. But always best to prepare to reapply

Hey, I'm worried about have no interviews yet
I have 3.7 w/upward trend and 509 with solid ecs(clinical and nonclinical volunteering, president of clubs, student government, research), and ORM from MI
I also applied to 26 schools, and was complete at all schools by late July/early August

School List:
Central Mi, Western MI, Wayne, Oakland, MSU, UMiami MD/MPH, UMich, OhioState, OHSU MD/MPH, Penn State, Jefferson, Temple, Tulane, Loyola, Drexel, Tufts, Wake, MCW, GW, Georgetown, Creighton-AZ, UA-Tucson, Indiana, VCU, Vermont, NYMC

Rejected- Indiana, MSU, Georgetown, Tulane
Pre-interview hold- GW, UA-Tucson, NYMC
I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's too early to panic, but not too early to plan or prepare for the possibility of rejection. For now pursue parallel tracks:

Track 1. Work all the apps you've applied to this cycle. That means, update those that schools accept updates with relevant information. Attend all interviews until you are accepted.. Attend online events that are relevant to you from schools you've applied to.
2. Prepare for reapplication. That may mean starting or continuing some volunteer work. (You don't say if you are currently in school or working). It might mean preparing again for the MCAT. I don' really know enough to say more. consider DO programs, if not yet considered.

One benefit of pursuing both tracks is that if you are invited to interview or waitlisted, you will be able to talk about something recent and relevant to this year's application and those new activities could boost your chances for an acceptance this year.

Reactions: 1 users