No Interview Yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siapr92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I haven't heard anything from the DO schools I applied to since I did my secondary way back when. I applied day applications opened so its been a while since secondaries. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do? Or is there nothing to do and just keep sitting and waiting around for an interview invite?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I haven't heard anything from the DO schools I applied to since I did my secondary way back when. I applied day applications opened so its been a while since secondaries. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do? Or is there nothing to do and just keep sitting and waiting around for an interview invite?

Thanks!

Just gotta wait it out man. Mind telling us your stats? What schools have you applied to?

Hi there,

Thanks!

Stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sit tight, but honestly, you've heard nothing from them?? Kinda not looking good.

Survivor DO

Sit tight, but honestly, you've heard nothing from them?? Kinda not looking good.

Survivor DO

Thats what I was gonna say. OP, if you have great stats, they should have contacted you by now. If you are mediocre, maybe they are just pushing you off until later.

Rule of thumb at our school (after chatting with our Admissions Dean about the process), is the earlier you apply, the better, and the better applicants get chosen for interview first. There's also a 45 day interval between receipt of primary and actual interview (actuallength depending upon how fast secondary comes in).

Sop...if you applied a long time ago, and you haven't heard by now, I'd guess that your numbers aren't that competitive.

Hi there,

Thanks!

Numbers and schools applied to?

3.2 GPA and 26 MCATS. 10 bio, 9 verbal, 7 physics. Not great I know. Got in to KCUMB last year but had to defer and won't be able to go there this year either so will lose my spot as I can only defer for a year.

I applied to, UMNDJ, PCOM, Nova, Campbell, LECOM, LMU, UNE, VCOM.

3.2 GPA and 26 MCATS. 10 bio, 9 verbal, 7 physics. Not great I know. Got in to KCUMB last year but had to defer and won't be able to go there this year either so will lose my spot as I can only defer for a year.

I hope you have a good reason for not being able to attend KCUMB. Turning down an acceptance can really hurt you when applying to schools again.

Email the schools, I was in a similar situation 2 years ago and decided to email my #1 (which I thought I had a great shot at) and found out that their electronic app system somehow mishandled my secondary. They were operating under the assumption that I never turned it in.

I had my interview invite later the same day they found my app, interviewed and was accepted a week after that.

I also got another late interview invite to another school the day I got the above acceptance. I then emailed the remainder of my schools to withdraw from consideration.

A lot of schools "silent reject" though, so chances are high that's what's happened.

Passing up on an acceptance with your stats seems like a really big risk to me. Earning a seat in a medical school is a huge accomplishment, one that should not be taken lightly. If you applied June 1st and have not heard anything yet, I would not expect to get an invite this late in the cycle, 8 months later.

Go to KCUMB!

Passing up on an acceptance with your stats seems like a really big risk to me. Earning a seat in a medical school is a huge accomplishment, one that should not be taken lightly. If you applied June 1st and have not heard anything yet, I would not expect to get an invite this late in the cycle, 8 months later.

Go to KCUMB!

Especially with those stats. 3.2/26 is barely competitive, I'm rather surprised they got into KCUMB with that.

OP, contact the schools, you have no reason to just sit there. A lot of schools want to see that you are actually interested in them. Also, I know that LMU is pretty good at having a fast turnaround (2-3 weeks) after secondaries, so you need to make sure your application is complete.

As other people said, I have no idea what your reason for not attending KCUMB is, but I honestly can't see any reason to not attend a medical school that accepted you. Especially since given your application list, you aren't set on any particular location, and some of those schools have the same tuition prices, and might even be more expensive with cost of living. Honestly, I can't think of any good reason...

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you have a good reason for not being able to attend KCUMB. Turning down an acceptance can really hurt you when applying to schools again.

:thumbup:

OP- i would be really interested to know why you can't go to KCUMB this year while you can easily attend other schools. Doesn't seem to make sense. Moreover, KCUMB is one of those "forgo interviews" type schools. KCUMB is one of the best out there so not sure why you would turn that down. The schools you applied to are on the eastern seaboard so it doesn't look like you are confined to a specific area unless it is entirely by choice.

:thumbup:

Op- i would be really interested to know why you can't go to kcumb this year while you can easily attend other schools. Doesn't seem to make sense. Moreover, kcumb is one of those "forgo interviews" type schools. Kcumb is one of the best out there so not sure why you would turn that down. The schools you applied to are on the eastern seaboard so it doesn't look like you are confined to a specific area unless it is entirely by choice.

+1

Campbell and some of the other schools have lower stats. I would definitely follow up with an email or call to 'check in on the status' of your application. If, at that point, they say you haven't been accepted, you should ask what weaknesses in your application you can improve upon.

Why would you not go to KCUMB? I'd get on that and take the seat, unless this is an odd troll post.

Why can't you go to KCUMB?

You didn't apply broadly enough. Your stats are too low for UMDNJ, PCOM, Nova, and UNE. There isn't much to do, you'll likely have to reapply.

Dude... Take your acceptance to KC, if you don't, you're a *******. I have the same stats WITH 6000 hours of volunteering, No you didn't read that wrong, 6000 hours, and you are lucky to have an acceptance there...

Dude... Take your acceptance to KC, if you don't, you're a *******. I have the same stats WITH 6000 hours of volunteering, No you didn't read that wrong, 6000 hours, and you are lucky to have an acceptance there...

This - Be thankful you got in. Many people would love to take what you have.

I have been complete since early August and I've already been accepted to KCOM and CCOM. Then today, out of the blue, I got an interview invite from Nova after hearing nothing from them for 6 months, so there's still some hope I guess.

Why on Earth would you not matriculate at KCUMB? That's easily as good as any of the other schools you applied to. How are you even allowed to reapply after deferring? And even so that list of schools is not very good.

PCOM - poor chances with your stats
UMDNJ - state school and poor chances with your stats
UNE - dunno, not super good chances probably
VCOM - regional bias, probably too low a GPA
Nova - not very good chances with your stats
LMU - decent shot
Campbell - decent shot
LECOM - probably a shot

OP, you got some explaining to do.

Why on Earth would you not matriculate at KCUMB? That's easily as good as any of the other schools you applied to. How are you even allowed to reapply after deferring? And even so that list of schools is not very good.

PCOM - poor chances with your stats
UMDNJ - state school and poor chances with your stats
UNE - dunno, not super good chances probably
VCOM - regional bias, probably too low a GPA
Nova - not very good chances with your stats
LMU - decent shot
Campbell - decent shot
LECOM - probably a shot

OP, you got some explaining to do.

I mostly agree with this, but considering how they were able to get into KCUMB with 3.2/26, and KCUMB being one of the well established schools, maybe they actually do have decent chances at most of these schools.

I mostly agree with this, but considering how they were able to get into KCUMB with 3.2/26, and KCUMB being one of the well established schools, maybe they actually do have decent chances at most of these schools.

Oh totally agree. There are tons of extenuating factors and the app cycle is unpredictable at best (I got into two of my "reaches" and never heard a peep out of my "safeties", didn't even get a secondary from one). My point was just that is not a very good list with those stats.

Getting into one school =/= getting into other schools.

Stats are stats. You can be accepted to any of the established schools and be outright rejected from the less desirables for no reason.

That's not how it works.

That's not how it works.

Yeah, like DrWily said, one school is not the same as another.

Like many others, very curious to know why someone couldn't go to the only school that's accepted them. Seems kind of strange.

up

OP, man, shed a little light on us. You are seriously passing up a seat at kcumb?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PUu88nOcw[/YOUTUBE]

Wow. I had similar numbers and got no love from KCUMB.

Why in the hell did you defer? I insist that you come back to this thread and tell us.

Also, like everyone else said, you should've added more schools. Have you been calling the ones you did apply to for status updates?

Twist: op is actually colesmalls and kcumb is actually acom.

Twist: op is actually colesmalls and kcumb is actually acom.

Mind blown.

SCANNERS.gif