No interviews or rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lylengeit8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't recieved any anesthesiology interview requests or interview rejections. Is that good?/bad? don't know what to make of it.

Members don't see this ad.

in mid-october its obviously not a good thing...

make sure you submitted everything OK, call ERAS to make sure everything is OK, call the programs to see if they are getting the materials

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who went through this last year, what percentage of your interview invites came after mid october for you last year?

did you apply to lots of programs? do you have any red flags in your application?

OP -

We've talked via PM, and I still assert that with each day, the urgency with which you should be contacting programs increases. The Step 2 thing is indeed an issue, but I worry (speaking about my own situation here, too) that not only are "the numbers" an issue here, but so is time. As I mentioned to you in my PM, one program both congratulated me on my scores AND told me no more interview spots were available IN THE SAME EMAIL.

You might, at this point, email or even call ALL the programs you've applied to in order to make sure they've at least seen your app, and are considering it for review. If nothing else, most of my classmates have gotten AT LEAST an email saying some version of "We got your app but are waiting 'til MSPEs come out to offer interviews".

dc

It certainly will not hurt to call or email and say hey i am really interested in your program and haven't heard from you.

It certainly will not hurt to call or email and say hey i am really interested in your program and haven't heard from you.

Really? You don't think it will annoy some programs? On their websites it seems that some are trying keep any specific contact info secret. It's like they might be pissed if an applicant was able to find an email address and send a "non-ERAS sanctioned" message. I just don't want to attract any negative attention to myself at this stage in the game. I figure if I haven't received an invite yet then they definitely aren't super excited about me as an applicant. Then I go and piss them off by sending an annoying email...next thing I know I am receiving my first rejection notice.

Oh well, I think I will contact them anyway...I hate sitting around doing nothing but worrying.

Saint:

My perspective is that if you were rejected by a program for sending a single email to tell them how interested you are in that program, either the program has a global personality disorder, or you weren't gonna get an interview there anyway. I would conjecture that sitting in silence with a so-so application does nothing for your case either.

I am a big fan of telling programs that you are interested, especially if you have something substantial to say - like an update (new score, new letter, AOA, whatever) that adds some strength to your app.

Good luck to all - this is a kinda nervous time for all...

dc