No interviews so far in late october, getting very worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hellojy

Reaction score
Hi all, current 2020 cycle applicant here and I have received nothing but silence from the 30 schools I applied to except for one rejection and one pre-II hold. I'm getting extremely worried and any advice to keep me from going insane/candid input on my chances this cycle/anything I should do further would be really appreciated.

I have a LizzyM score ~73, good LORs, a lot of research/shadowing experience, some volunteer but doing a lot this gap year and solid clinical experiences. I'm sending update letters right now to talk about my volunteering, but not sure if there is anything else I can do... this waiting game is killing me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was verified at the end of july and completed throughout august so I'm hoping schools are still getting to my app....

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, current 2020 cycle applicant here and I have received nothing but silence from the 30 schools I applied to except for one rejection and one pre-II hold. I'm getting extremely worried and any advice to keep me from going insane/candid input on my chances this cycle/anything I should do further would be really appreciated.

I have a LizzyM score ~73, good LORs, a lot of research/shadowing experience, some volunteer but doing a lot this gap year and solid clinical experiences. I'm sending update letters right now to talk about my volunteering, but not sure if there is anything else I can do... this waiting game is killing me
1) Stay busy.
2) Consider yourself rejected until you get that Accept email in your Inbox, and be working on improving your app.
3) You might get an II tomorrow, or in March.
4) Updates right now are a waste of time. At some schools, you might even be sending your app back to the bottom of the pile.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The school-specific threads should give you some idea of how far the schools you applied to are in their interview season. Some are almost done scheduling, while others may only be halfway through. Have you received any rejections or other news from schools, or has it been only silence? Either way, as Goro said, it can't hurt to keep strengthening your application in case of a possible reapp.

I’ve only received one rejection but just silence from others and no other news. I’m definitely starting to consider/face the fact I might not get in this cycle and brainstorm ways to strengthen my app

1) Stay busy.
2) Consider yourself rejected until you get that Accept email in your Inbox, and be working on improving your app.
4) Updates right now are a waste of time. At some schools, you might even be sending your app back to the bottom of the pile.

My thinking was that maybe sending an update letter would fill in the community service gaps I was missing in my primary app. Out of curiosity why would sending an update send it to the bottom of the pile?

My thinking was that maybe sending an update letter would fill in the community service gaps I was missing in my primary app. Out of curiosity why would sending an update send it to the bottom of the pile?
I think the advice on her is to wait on updates until after thanksgiving. Good luck!

1) Stay busy.

Why do you say updates are a waste of time right now? :oops: Wondering because I was hoping to send an update about a publication