No interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In pharm, we spell it "gentamicin" and that is how is comes on the vials!!

We laugh when we get orders with it written the other way.....:laugh:

Trust me, you will def know when you start drawing levels....

He probably won't have to mess with gent levels. At least that's how it is in CA. Seems like every patient gets stuck on an aminoglycoside or Vanco, and then the MDs just write "Per Pharmacy Protocol". *stabs self* Oh well... can't wait til I get to do that too. :laugh:

And gentamycin/gentamicin... same thing. Just don't be one of those doctors that prescribes Mucomyst instead of Mucinex.

Members don't see this ad.

from the nature of your posts, including the one towards me, you have quite an uptight and aggressive personality. lolz:thumbup:

You should probably stay in bland white bread Canada if you think what I posted here is an 'uptight and aggressive personality.'

lolz:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
You should probably stay in bland white bread Canada if you think what I posted here is an 'uptight and aggressive personality.'

lolz:thumbup:

whats so bland white bread about Canada?

He probably won't have to mess with gent levels. At least that's how it is in CA. Seems like every patient gets stuck on an aminoglycoside or Vanco, and then the MDs just write "Per Pharmacy Protocol". *stabs self* Oh well... can't wait til I get to do that too. :laugh:

And gentamycin/gentamicin... same thing. Just don't be one of those doctors that prescribes Mucomyst instead of Mucinex.

We have a mix....usually the residents will write the dose and pharmacy checks it.

I guess knowing how to dose gent and vanco cant hurt!! :cool:

Don't know what part of Canada you went to, but Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in the world.

Yeah yeah yeah - that is what all Canadians like to say in defense of their lovely country. And Vancouver is an awesome place, too.

I am talking about the gazillion square miles between these 2 'cosmopolitan' cities...

I went to that Six Flags like amusement park a few years ago in Toronto, and I saw evidence of your "diversity" - all the park workers appeared to be of middle eastern or Indian or Pakistani heritage, and every damn one of them sported a name tag with a white bread name like "Mary" or "Joe" or "Steve" instead of what their real names are. Yeah, that is quite cosmopolitan and diverse...wouldn't dare want some young white Canadian to be flustered by a name tag saying "Rajiv" or "Abdul."

Yeah yeah yeah - that is what all Canadians like to say in defense of their lovely country. And Vancouver is an awesome place, too.

I am talking about the gazillion square miles between these 2 'cosmopolitan' cities...

I went to that Six Flags like amusement park a few years ago in Toronto, and I saw evidence of your "diversity" - all the park workers appeared to be of middle eastern or Indian or Pakistani heritage, and every damn one of them sported a name tag with a white bread name like "Mary" or "Joe" or "Steve" instead of what their real names are. Yeah, that is quite cosmopolitan and diverse...wouldn't dare want some young white Canadian to be flustered by a name tag saying "Rajiv" or "Abdul."

sorry to say flip26
but i don't think you have it in you to ever make any valid points

not trying to defend toronto
but just trying to let you know that you probably would make a horrible doctor with your infallible tendency to skew reality and to have no direction about yourself.

sorry to say flip26
but i don't think you have it in you to ever make any valid points

not trying to defend toronto
but just trying to let you know that you probably would make a horrible doctor with your infallible tendency to skew reality and to have no direction about yourself.

Your ability to generalize and form a conclusion (telling someone they will be a horrible doctor) without pointing out what 'reality' I have skewed is going to be a very valuable trait for you someday...not sure doing what, but it will undoubtedly be very helpful in your service industry career.

Your ability to generalize and form a conclusion (telling someone they will be a horrible doctor) without pointing out what 'reality' I have skewed is going to be a very valuable trait for you someday...not sure doing what, but it will undoubtedly be very helpful in your service industry career.

so what exactly is a ''bland white bread"? and what does it have to do with being uptight?

if abdul changed his name to john, in what way is he uptight?

u see what i mean?

i din mean to personally attack you

but was just amazed at how you can throw thoughts around without any continuity or appropriate evidence or even a peice of useful insight

maybe you'll make a good doctor. but u'll piss a lotta people off if you share your misconstrued and unnecessary thoughts.

also it does happen sometimes that some people of middle eastern or south asian descent are christians
and christians usually have names like ''john'' ''david'' ''mary'' all the like
may not have anything to do with anything else

im sure u'll find cases of white individuals converting to buddhism and changing their names too, or naming their children names that would otherwise be considered of more eastern influence

Last edited:
^ agreed.

many people change their names because they are trying to make it easier for the people around them to pronounce their name

lets not argue anymore! :)

I'm not Canadian, I'm American. But all of my experiences have been that Canadians are very welcoming of diversity. Probably more so than most Americans are.

if abdul changed his name to john, in what way is he uptight?

Just to clarify: the workers in the park were forced to wear random "white bread anglo" name tags. I know because I asked one of them - I mean I started walking around looking at the name tags and not a single one of these folks had an ethnic name - I finally asked someone, and this one dude told me they have 2 barrels of name tags - guy names, and girl names - in the dressing areas...just like a piece of flair, I guess?

So, in my admittedly limited experience observing "diversity" in action in Toronto, diversity wasn't embraced or celebrated, it was suppressed by an employer who wanted to make his visitors "comfortable" I suppose - I can't imagine an employer getting away with bullspit like that in the US without the freaking ACLU all over them, but whatever...

So let this fantastic thread about "no interviews" get back on track...LOL, the guy who started erased his tracks and left, and here we are arguing about nonsense like "how is Canada white bread and uptight?"

Status
Not open for further replies.