no mail. tsk tsk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sir William Osler

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the mail really drying up now? Each day I run to the mailbox hoping to find something good, but alas only junk advertisements and credit card apps! Anyone else ready to just give up? hehe.

just venting alittle.

Members don't see this ad.

I was pretty excited to come home each day until I found my rejection from Pritzker...ever since then another day of no medical mail is another day that I am not rejected somewhere!! ;)

But yeah, the mail has begun to dry up as of late...

seriously, i havent heard from any med school for so o long.. last i heard was sept 10th. they should atleast send a "hello, how are u doing" letter :).. all i get in the mail is BIlls, bills and more bills.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, after a "flurry" of communication with 2 schools, my mail's dry

No news is good news. Honestly though, I think some schools are just sitting on applications, not wanting to send out rejections. They want us to believe they actually considered our application after taking our money.

At least they respect us more than stanfurd...
just send out that rejection rigth on oct. 15!!! haha

I just got a postcard from wake forest today saying they had received my primary application... wow, that took forever! Unfortunately, they missed my personal deadline for sending in secondaries, since I had decided to be done with secondaries a while ago. :)

No mail here either. But I was just verified yesterday and I took the Aug MCAT so I guess its not unexpected. I'm hoping to get some interviews by mid Noverber...we'll see.

Also, this anthrax stuff is no doubt delaying mail to some extent. Hopefully the dummies who are mailing that stuff will be dealt with soon...

by the way, I LIKE your style, Elle!

Elle - I agree with you - I finished my secondaries awhile ago - what's up with this Wake Forest postcard!

I can most definitely symphathize! I've suffered from two near heart attacks in the past week & 1/2, both of them mail-associated. First, last week I received a thin envelope from Columbia P&S, & thought, "Oh my God, they're rejecting me ALREADY? They don't even make decisions until February!!!!!" It turned out to be something different (thank goodness!), a courtesy letter.

Then yesterday, I reached into the mailbox and my clammy fingers closed around a thick envelope; I almost keeled over. But it was only an envelope stuffed with info for taking out an ad in the senior yearbook!!!! :mad:

And yet, despite anxiety attacks, nothing. We all slink home to our little beds, shoulders drooping, spirits deflated.

What do you guys think about starting a Mail-a-holics Anonymous support group? I'd join on the spot...and I know my poor mailman would appreciate the decrease in stalking on my behalf!!!

Morninglight I feel ya on that one! This waiting time period with daily runs to the mailbox and constant e-mail checking is driving me up the wall!