no news good news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlephiLLy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
haven't heard anything from any schools... better than rejections??? any other 30+ mcat and 3.5+ gpa in my boat?

ps- have been complete oct/nov at most schools.

Members don't see this ad.

haven't heard anything from any schools... better than rejections??? any other 30+ mcat and 3.5+ gpa in my boat?

ps- have been complete oct/nov at most schools.

No news is definitely better then rejections. Keep your chin up, there is still a few months left.:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing but for Texas schools waiting on Feb match

I've been wondering the same thing. I have a 30+ MCAT, but my GPA isn't nearly as good as yours. I've been complete at most schools since mid- to late-November.

I truly thought the lack of response was just a kinder, gentler way of telling me I was rejected - but I finally received an interview invite today (Albert Einstein)!

I imagine most schools are flooded with applicants in late fall, the review process being slowed down even more by the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years holidays. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're still okay!

I hope thats the case. Each day, my hopes and dreams diminish a little bit at a time. My non-premed friends, family and coworkers say that I'll get in this year but if they only knew....:(

:( <-- this emoticon is my fav, probably bc its true

i am in a somewhat similar boat - 2 interviews (resulting in 1 hold and 1 interview is in late january), 2 rejections - and absolutely nothing from 10 schools. i have a 3.5+ and 30+ mcat and all the rest (volunteer, publications etc etc etc).

it really is demoralizing, especially after so much money, time and sweat as a premed! so frusturating too because my family and friends are all so confident and positive that i don't want to disappoint them (even more than i don't want to disappoint myself)!

best of luck to everyone and hopefully we'll all get good news this cycle...

ditto on the 30+ MCAT...GPA is grand now...but I made some mistakes 10 years ago that will forever tarnish me....

Nothing except rejections....

"It can't rain everyday"

what kinds of mistakes? and did everyone apply broadly? I too completed late: late October to mid November.

Personally, I am annoyed at the state of Penn: Jefferson, Drexel, Temple and Penn State (I am still not even complete at this one according to my status page). And of course my favorites, rejections from UPenn and UPittsburgh.

Other schools on my **** list: NYMC, University of Vermont, George Washington, U Wisconsin, SUNY Downstate. NADA. It's been almost two months!!

what kinds of mistakes?....

I shot a man....actually no..... I just did really poorly at a community college I went to right after high school. No F's or D's or anything but the A's and B's were hard to come by....My advisor told me that allopathic was going to be a crap shoot since I would be "asking for forgiveness for my prior academic transgressions" as she put it.

I did poorly too. My first undergrad GPA was a 2.75, and I failed many classes and withdrew from a lot too. Pulled GPA up with a second degree, but still wasn't enough to get me above a cum of 3.35. I am suprised that you don't have any interviews if you have a similar situation. Am I just lucking out?

what kinds of mistakes? and did everyone apply broadly? I too completed late: late October to mid November.

Personally, I am annoyed at the state of Penn: Jefferson, Drexel, Temple and Penn State (I am still not even complete at this one according to my status page). And of course my favorites, rejections from UPenn and UPittsburgh.

Other schools on my **** list: NYMC, University of Vermont, George Washington, U Wisconsin, SUNY Downstate. NADA. It's been almost two months!!

i've applied to a lot of the same schools, was complete mid-oct to mid-november... still nothing except for 2 rejections (Georgetown and Boston) and 1 hold..., still waiting on 13 other schools

I'm having a similar issue with Penn State...i submitted everything by the end of October and it still says they are awaiting my letters of rec. I called because I was worried they got lost in the mail...and they told me that they look at things as they come in so changes are they got it, but just hadnt processed it yet! I may call again since deadlines are coming up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did poorly too. My first undergrad GPA was a 2.75, and I failed many classes and withdrew from a lot too. Pulled GPA up with a second degree, but still wasn't enough to get me above a cum of 3.35. I am suprised that you don't have any interviews if you have a similar situation. Am I just lucking out?

I can't say for sure what it is about me but you must rock :D

Perhaps it is my PS or my age, or the fact that SUNY's just don't have any love left for me....

I've pretty much given up trying to figure it out

i'm turning into 'lord of the update letters' this week and next... :oops:

if it makes anyone feel better.. i have been complete at

Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
AECOM
NYU
Sinai
Loyola Chicago
Tulane
Tufts

Since like 8/15-9/1

Haven't heard a word from any of them either.
That's like 4 1/2 months of silence.

if it makes anyone feel better.. i have been complete at

Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
AECOM
NYU
Sinai
Loyola Chicago
Tulane
Tufts

Since like 8/15-9/1

Haven't heard a word from any of them either.
That's like 4 1/2 months of silence.

Nope, just makes me feel worse since 6 of those schools have been ignoring me since 10/13 (MCAT score release) - more months of silence to go I guess. :cool: :rolleyes:

i think if you are going to get interviews, it will come within 2 month at the max, if you don't your probability for an interview drops off probably quadratically. my 5 interviews came first, then 2 rejections. i completed about same time for all (within 1 week of each other)

well its a good thing if you havent heard from pennstate and GW, since both of them sent me a rejection letter a month or so ago. Keep your chin up!

i'm on the same boat.
i could see how szhao's comment could be true.
but it's weird how some of those late replying schools such as penn waitlist some people, but still have taken no action with others. what is this mean???

on the other hand, I was complete at Tufts in September and didn't get an interview invite until late December. That's three months!

I'm having a similar issue with Penn State...i submitted everything by the end of October and it still says they are awaiting my letters of rec. I called because I was worried they got lost in the mail...and they told me that they look at things as they come in so changes are they got it, but just hadnt processed it yet! I may call again since deadlines are coming up.

This has been my experience at Penn State as well. Submitted everything in October. Finally got the application complete email just yesterday. Talk about a lag in response.

yeah penn state is killing me as well....

im 33R, 3.76 gpa, 3.96 BCPM GPA, and PA resident and havent heard ANYTHING from drexel, temple, jefferson, or penn state....

i'm starting to freak out a lil and assume that i've got no chance. its stressful to say the least.

overall 1 interview (pitt, it was automatic though), 1 rejection (rochester) and NOTHING from anywhere else.. so im reallllly hoping no news is good news

More room on this doomed boat? I'm 30+mcat and 3.5 Gpa and I got nothing. I was officially complete at most of my schools late november though and then there was some missing LOR business that held me up til December at a few other schools. One out of my 3 favorite schools stopped handing out interviews before they probably even looked at my application.
Penn state also said they were going pretty slow, and I don't think I'm considered complete there yet.
If what szhao said has a grain of truth, then we should also consider the holidays for those of you complete before November. Maybe mid-January counts as that second month? Anyone complete as late as I was? Looks like we'll be reviewed just in time for the waitlisting interviews.
But what really sucks besides my internal turmoil is that everyone is asking how my interviews have been going. Ouch.