No non-science LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihave Nonamè

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a non-science course in over 3 years with the exception of one writing class run by a TA.

Is it horrible to apply without a non-science professor? Or do I need to take a non-science course before I graduate in spring? I actually perform better in science courses and fear adding on a liberal arts course will result in a B and a lot of needless work (heavy reading/essays/presentations).

I want to mention that I have an Anthropology professor willing to write a LoR but the course they taught was heavily neuroscience...I'm assuming this wouldn't count?

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure most schools require a non-science LOR. It doesn't have to be completely non-science related from what I understand like you can take a psychology or sociology class if you're that afraid of getting a B in some english or history class.

I haven't had a non-science course in over 3 years with the exception of one writing class run by a TA.

Is it horrible to apply without a non-science professor? Or do I need to take a non-science course before I graduate in spring? I actually perform better in science courses and fear adding on a liberal arts course will result in a B and a lot of needless work (heavy reading/essays/presentations).

I want to mention that I have an Anthropology professor willing to write a LoR but the course they taught was heavily neuroscience...I'm assuming this wouldn't count?

What do you think?
You would get rejected at those schools that require a LOR from a non-science faculty member. It's not negotiable for them

Solution? Take a non-science course before you apply and get to know the professor really well.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a LoR from my music band director. Take something a notoriously easy liberal arts class, usually photography or film studies in my school.

Reactions: 1 users