No Recession in South Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just stay out of my igloo. :meanie:

ideas_offthegrid_007p.jpg
 
Exactly. I have a friend who keeps telling me I should consider working down there for just a year to make some really good money. I would much rather work in Austin, Houston, or Dallas if I can find something when I graduate, and I am pretty confident I can find at least one pharmacy employer in one of those three cities to hire me. I would have to be pretty desperate to work way down South.

You're right. Spending years of your life in a place that you don't want to be in is not worth it. After spending 4 years of your life in pharmacy school, why would you want to compromise more time when you could make comparable salary in the place you want to be. Don't compromise. Live where you want so that you can feel good about it.
 
Those are sweet igloos. Impressive.

Just got a call today from a recruiter looking for hospital pharmacists in 2 towns here in Iglooville. One of the towns is actually a decent-sized city. That's the second recruiter in the last month looking for pharmacists in my area.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
another reason for the diminishing shortage of pharmacists is becuase University of Incarnate Word in San Antonio just graduated their inaugral class too....

My favorite new diploma mill pharmacy school. When I first heard about it I thought it was a joke. So son where did you graduate from...Uhh sir, I graduted from the University of the Incarnate Word School of Pharmacy. Uhhhh what did you say?????
 
Incarnate Word is an expensive school:

Tuition for New Pharmacy Students = $29,350 / yr.
 
Got another recruiter call for overnight ED pharmacist. I'm sure there are nice igloos for sale here too. Cheap, with all of the igloo foreclosures and such.
 
anyone know the how the job outlook is for boston, mass or central mass?

thanks.

i am new so please excuse me if i posted in the wrong thread.