No rejections from Nortwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does NW send out rejecion letters? Their website says they invite people through mid-January. I havent been removed from their status page, received a rejection letter, or been invited for interview. Will one of these 3 things necessarily happen by next week or do they wait to send rejection letters to cantidates that they are not going to interview??

Members don't see this ad.

yep, i got rejected via snailmail about 3 weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by bokermmk
Does NW send out rejecion letters? Their website says they invite people through mid-January. I havent been removed from their status page, received a rejection letter, or been invited for interview. Will one of these 3 things necessarily happen by next week or do they wait to send rejection letters to cantidates that they are not going to interview??

I was at Northwestern for an interview yesterday, and I did hear that they extend the interview period to beginning or mid-February this year. However, I'd assume that an interview invitation would have been sent out by now if you're invited.

bump-

anyone else still waiting for word from northwestern?

yup, still waiting here too. I actually called a couple weeks ago and they said I should hear by Friday. The problem is, that was supposed to be last Friday. So now I don't know what to think.
No news is.....good news???

Originally posted by Beast
yup, still waiting here too. I actually called a couple weeks ago and they said I should hear by Friday. The problem is, that was supposed to be last Friday. So now I don't know what to think.
No news is.....good news???

Cuttin it close...I'd imagine that all interview invites have been sent out by now. I'd say at this point each day that passes with no news is bad news. Then again, I don't run the admissions office so I guess I cant say for sure.

I received an invite just last Thursday. They said we would be notified of final decisions by the end of February.

Hey UCLAMAN, upon returning from my interview (just missing the November cut-off by 3 days) I received the "special letter" on my status page telling me I'd hear something from them at the end of February. Is this pretty much telling me "I have a shot?" or telling me to hold tight for a rejection? I felt like I had a good day on interview day -- but you never know. Any insight would be nice! Do you have any thoughts?

nike, when where you complete?

I was complete mid-October.

NIke,
Look at this thread: New Updates On Interviews (I don't know how to link a thread...sorry). Anyhow it looks like Nw will still be sending out interview invites until the end of Jan.
Good luck.

my status page hasn't worked in over a month at northwestern, but i still haven't received a rejection letter. I know a lot of people in this situation already received their rejections, so I wonder if my letter got lost in the mail? I guess i should probably call them or something..

Anyone else in this situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by marydee
Hey UCLAMAN, upon returning from my interview (just missing the November cut-off by 3 days) I received the "special letter" on my status page telling me I'd hear something from them at the end of February. Is this pretty much telling me "I have a shot?" or telling me to hold tight for a rejection? I felt like I had a good day on interview day -- but you never know. Any insight would be nice! Do you have any thoughts?

There was a thread about this a week or so ago. It seems like it's a generic letter sent to every interviewee who hasn't received a decision yet.

Originally posted by CalBeE
There was a thread about this a week or so ago. It seems like it's a generic letter sent to every interviewee who hasn't received a decision yet.

word

Originally posted by CalBeE

Hey, I didn't get a letter. What gives...

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
Cuttin it close...I'd imagine that all interview invites have been sent out by now. I'd say at this point each day that passes with no news is bad news. Then again, I don't run the admissions office so I guess I cant say for sure.

I called them yesterday and they said that they were sending out invitations through the first week of February. And by the way, when they say "your application is under review" does it mean that it's already been reviewed and they're just taking their time rejecting you or does it mean it's actually still in the process of being reviewed? It's disappointing but I think UCLAman has a point. The clock is ticking.

Originally posted by MabdulD
Hey, I didn't get a letter. What gives...

It's not an actual letter they mailed you. If you goto your online status page, there's a place that says click to see a special letter or something, then you'll see it.

I called NW. They confirmed interviewees would be invited through the first week of February. I am "under review" acording to their web page so I asked if my file had been reviewed and placed on hold or not yet reviewed. They said that the applications they receive undergo a series of reviews, whatever that means. Anyway, those of you who are waiting and still have status page access, when were you complete. I wasnt complete til the last week in November so I am holding hope that I might jsut be at the end of the pile? No news can never be great news, but it seems that a lot of people have been already rejected either pre or post secondary.

This isn't directly related but may shed some light - my status page changed to reflect an interview in early January, and my only possible dates were the second week of Feb. I'm scheduled for Friday the 13th now...

Originally posted by periodic
This isn't directly related but may shed some light - my status page changed to reflect an interview in early January, and my only possible dates were the second week of Feb. I'm scheduled for Friday the 13th now...

Wow...Friday the 13th, lucky you ;)

i've been complete since mid-september! not that I'm NU caliber or anything.. :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to post my interview day experience to add yet another superstitious factor to the admissions process...

perhaps late interview + day of bad luck = amazingly good experience and immediate acceptance?

bokermmk, I still have access to the status page and have been complete since mid august. I called a couple of weeks ago and was told I was still under review as well. I would be really interested to know how many people are still in this category.

Thanks for posting the info about your phone conversation.

periodic congrats on the interview invite.

I was complete mid-november and am still under review as well (still have access to the status page)

i've been complete since August 4th!!!! I have a feeling i would have been invited by now if they really wanted me :( but why keep me hanging for so long!?!?! i hope the invite more peeps next week!!!

For anyone who interviewed in November/December, when you scheduled an interview did you have just a block of days to choose from, or could you schedule anytime until Feb 13th. If the latter is true, and interviews end on the 13th, I would say that if we dont hear in a couple days, things are done regardless if we hear officially or not.

I've been complete since mid October. Same boat as everyone else..."under review." whatever that means.

I've been complete since late December - I was an August MCATer so everything was late and they sent me a secondary really late... So I'm still waiting like the rest of ya:( I'm trying not to give up yet. Does anyone know how often and when the adcom meets?

Anyone get any recent invites?

Originally posted by Zahri
I've been complete since late December - I was an August MCATer so everything was late and they sent me a secondary really late... So I'm still waiting like the rest of ya:( I'm trying not to give up yet. Does anyone know how often and when the adcom meets?

They are semi-rolling with 2 rounds of acceptances in November and February. But they will continue interviewing until the end of February for waitlist purposes.

I'm waiting too as an August MCATer. No Northwestern interviews in the August MCATers thread yet, so maybe they're just taking it slow.

So when do they stop interviewing for direct acceptances?

Anyone know the exact day in February that they mail acceptances? If not, I guess I will just have to begin freakishly checking my mail at the beginning of the month.

i've been complete myself since roughly the end of November and my application is still "under review"; keeping my fingers crossed!

Anybody have any news from NU. I wonder when they'll finally cut the line.

Don't worry, they are still bringing through plenty of prospects. I'll do my best to scare them off so more of you get interviews.

Originally posted by pud129
Anyone know the exact day in February that they mail acceptances? If not, I guess I will just have to begin freakishly checking my mail at the beginning of the month.

It will be at the very end of February, just like it was in November. If you are on this site every day, you will find out when the decisions were made without having to obsessively check the status page. This is what I did in November. Someone will inevitably start the thread "Northwestern has made final decisions!" or something like that. Plus, it does you no good to know when the decisions are made. Your status page will only say "A decision has been made. Expect a letter from us soon." Then you will have an agonizing 3-4 day wait for the letter. So don't have a heart attack checking it every day in February...just wait. But hopefully you get good news!