No undergrad degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teambringit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any current podiatry students that entered school without a bachelors?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Two in my temple class entered with no bachelors degrees and exited before 2nd year.

You don't need one, dpm schools accept everyone that apply,
I remember a guy that he only spoke Russian and a girl that only spoke Korean they got accepted. They didn't last pass the first semester but they were in
There were even people in my class w political science an psychology majors

You don't need one, dpm schools accept everyone that apply,
I remember a guy that he only spoke Russian and a girl that only spoke Korean they got accepted. They didn't last pass the first semester but they were in
There were even people in my class w political science an psychology majors

Well damn, in that case I wish I would have applied right out of high school. What a waste of four years.

Reactions: 1 user
To clarify, MD/DO/DPM do not require a bachelors for admission. They are highly recommended but the requirement (last I saw) is 90 credit hours with 8 credits of biology, gen chem, organic chem, and physics.

Reactions: 1 user
Well damn, in that case I wish I would have applied right out of high school. What a waste of four years.
It's quite uncommon to graduate high school with 90 hours of college credit - you must have gone to a very unique school. Was it some sort of special program in conjunction with a college?

To clarify, MD/DO/DPM do not require a bachelors for admission. They are highly recommended but the requirement (last I saw) is 90 credit hours with 8 credits of biology, gen chem, organic chem, and physics.

I do hope any pre-med students who read this realize "highly recommended" means matriculating into an M.D./D.O. schools without an undergraduate degree is essentially impossible (except in the rarest of extraordinary, nontraditional circumstances).

Last edited:
It's quite uncommon to graduate high school with 90 hours of college credit - you must have gone to a very unique school. Was it some sort of special program in conjunction with a college?

Pardon my sarcasm, I was just poking a little fun at the remark that podiatrysurgery made about it not mattering if you have a bachelors because DPM schools "accept everyone". :) sometimes its tough to send a sarcastic tone across the internet haha.

Pardon my sarcasm, I was just poking a little fun at the remark that podiatrysurgery made about it not mattering if you have a bachelors because DPM schools "accept everyone". :) sometimes its tough to send a sarcastic tone across the internet haha.
Sorry, I hadn't noticed podiatrysurgery's comment as much so I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. I know there are supposed to be programs to help decrease the time needed for school, but 90 hours was more than I had heard of before!

Last edited:
Sorry, I hadn't noticed it was in response to podiatrysurgery's comment so I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. I know there are supposed to be programs to help decrease the time needed for school, but 90 hours was more than I had heard of before!

haha Its absolutely fine the sarcastic tone gets lost sometimes out in the interweb, but 90 hours of college credit sure seems like a lot for a high school junior/senior but hey what would I know Im just a pod student :)

Hey sorry to bump an old thread but i'm in a similar situation..
I'm going into my 4th year but i already have 100 credits..I'll of course finish my undergrad but i won't be done all my courses until the end of June. I wanna apply in January right after my MCAT score comes in.
I guess my question is are POD schools ok with my bachelor's being "pending" at the time of application? I mean, i'll actually be done my bachelor's in June 2015, even though i'm applying in January 2015.

That is how most people do it. The schools understand this. You just send your transcripts to them when you have graduated.