No Walgreens summer internships in Florida this year?

Started by Daniac
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Daniac

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least in the Tampa Bay area. I've been hearing rumors through the some of the pahrmacists that they are not taking any summer interns this year. They didn't interview anyone new at the career day at my school, but I thought they would keep people already in the system. I know there is going to be a budget cut in the next few weeks and a lot of techs will be moved to part time or let go. Anyone else in the area heard about this? How about in other areas in the country or state?
 
At least in the Tampa Bay area. I've been hearing rumors through the some of the pahrmacists that they are not taking any summer interns this year. They didn't interview anyone new at the career day at my school, but I thought they would keep people already in the system. I know there is going to be a budget cut in the next few weeks and a lot of techs will be moved to part time or let go. Anyone else in the area heard about this? How about in other areas in the country or state?

They didn't interview in the Orlando area either.
 
Why would they need to add interns to a summer program? They are fully staffed and will be for the foreseeable future. With budgets so tight I can't see companies forking out money for interns. Plus there will be a lot of need grads in the summer that prob won't get officially licensed until July, so again what's the point? BTW, a friend of mine says this is company wide.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
South Florida is a yes on Intern Summer Program. I start in early June and lasts about 10 weeks. I did hear that last year's program ended a little early, meaning they cut it early due to "budget" reasons. So, as far as this year goes...I don't know if I will be actually getting the full 10 weeks out of it.

But I do know of 3 other students at my campus who are also in the program for the West Palm area. Initially I wasn't going to do it, but my Supervisor contacted me and said there was 1 spot left and I could get more "guranteed" hours this way. Like I said though, it wasn't so "guranteed" last year though.
 
South Florida is a yes on Intern Summer Program. I start in early June and lasts about 10 weeks. I did hear that last year's program ended a little early, meaning they cut it early due to "budget" reasons. So, as far as this year goes...I don't know if I will be actually getting the full 10 weeks out of it.

But I do know of 3 other students at my campus who are also in the program for the West Palm area. Initially I wasn't going to do it, but my Supervisor contacted me and said there was 1 spot left and I could get more "guranteed" hours this way. Like I said though, it wasn't so "guranteed" last year though.

I've been with Walgreens for a few years and did their internship last year. It was cut short a week due to budget cuts. In January the booth at my career fair said they weren't interviewing anyone new, but if you were already in the system you should be fine. I should have listened more carefully to the word "should". The DM isn't responding to calls or emails of any of my classmates that are with Walgreens either so no one knows what is goin on yet.
 

Attachments

  • grammar_crackers_large.gif
    grammar_crackers_large.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 160