Non-Aud/SLP Related Majors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shesallcali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
So I am at UC Davis and I am majoring in Human Development.
I was wondering if there are AuD students out there who did not have a major related to Aud/SLP and what schools they are at now.
I am just curious as far as statistics go for students that do not have a similar major for the AuD programs.
I am trying to see if I can take some classes like intro to aud and phonetics and a local community college, but I am not sure how my application will look for AuD schools
Any advice will work really...even if you are not a student but you have ideas. I could use all the help I can get!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am currently at the University of Arizona and my BA is in Chemistry and Physics. I took Phonetics, Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing, and Intro to Communication Disorders for my speech and hearing requirements. I did have to take more classes that UA wanted me to have in addition to my AuD classes. I took Language Development, Speech Perception, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Adult Communication Disorders.