Non biology majors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

retrpostage

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, just a couple of quick questions. How many of you are non-biology majors? In addition, what advice have you received from your advisors and mentors about applying to med school?

I'm an information science major. I've been taking med school prereqs on the side (not even a biology minor). In addition, I took my first mcat this April. Professionally, I work as a contractor at IBM (AKA, a jack of all trades/will work for a third of a full time employee salary). Before diving into the now defunct IT industry, I worked in a prothetics/orthics clinic and as a student assistant in pathology. That's it. If you have any suggestions and/or success stories, please post them. Thanks, RP.

Members don't see this ad.

retrpostage said:
Hello folks, just a couple of quick questions. How many of you are non-biology majors? In addition, what advice have you received from your advisors and mentors about applying to med school?

I'm an information science major. I've been taking med school prereqs on the side (not even a biology minor). In addition, I took my first mcat this April. Professionally, I work as a contractor at IBM (AKA, a jack of all trades/will work for a third of a full time employee salary). Before diving into the now defunct IT industry, I worked in a prothetics/orthics clinic and as a student assistant in pathology. That's it. If you have any suggestions and/or success stories, please post them. Thanks, RP.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=114511

+pad+