Non-clinical research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jvnn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do residencies view non-clinical research?? I'm interested in this topic, but is it still considered research? Likely to get published or give a presentation with this PI based on the PI's track record

I know clinical research, especially in your field of interest is best, but just wanted to hear what other have to say about this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How do residencies view non-clinical research?? I'm interested in this topic, but is it still considered research? Likely to get published or give a presentation with this PI based on the PI's track record

I know clinical research, especially in your field of interest is best, but just wanted to hear what other have to say about this. Thanks!

Are you talking about Bench Research? Or something completely unrelated?

Research pertaining to the field you are going into > Research in other medically related areas > Research not related to medicine

However...
Publications > no publications

Reactions: 1 user
Are you talking about Bench Research? Or something completely unrelated?

Research pertaining to the field you are going into > Research in other medically related areas > Research not related to medicine

However...
Publications > no publications
Sorry for not clarifying! I meant that its not science research, so something completely unrelated. The topic was about healthcare education. The main reason for even considering this opportunity is that the PI is a great mentor and has a proven record to show it. I also thought it would be something interesting to talk about during interviews, but it could also backfire.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you premed? In any case, no, this is totally fine. there is no way that healthcare-related research of any sort would backfire on you.

Are you premed? In any case, no, this is totally fine. there is no way that healthcare-related research of any sort would backfire on you.
In my first year now haha just haven't updated my status. Trying to figure out what to do this summer. I wanna do a research project and do some light boards studying.

Does this count as healthcare related though? Its more so on the education side.

In my first year now haha just haven't updated my status. Trying to figure out what to do this summer. I wanna do a research project and do some light boards studying.

Does this count as healthcare related though? Its more so on the education side.
Sounds like you might be able to talk about it as public health research (if it is about educating the general populace on healthcare) or medical education (if it is about teaching people in healthcare).

Everything is related, it will be helpful.