non-degree classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Food

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes. I started taking 7 credits worth of non-degree undergraduate coursework during the spring semester to strengthen my application. I already graduated last year and I'm a reapplicant. I've been accepted to 2 schools now, and was wondering whether these non-degree classes I'm taking will really matter. I know all acceptance offers are contingent upon successful/satisfactory completion of a bachelor's degree or graduation requirements, but that doesn't really apply to me since I graduated about a year ago.

I'm not thinking about dropping these classes, but how much do u think the grade will matter? They won't even factor into my GPA since they don't apply to a degree...I only took them to raise my undergraduate AMCAS GPA...Both are medically related and I am taking them at a state university.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dudes. I started taking 7 credits worth of non-degree undergraduate coursework during the spring semester to strengthen my application. I already graduated last year and I'm a reapplicant. I've been accepted to 2 schools now, and was wondering whether these non-degree classes I'm taking will really matter. I know all acceptance offers are contingent upon successful/satisfactory completion of a bachelor's degree or graduation requirements, but that doesn't really apply to me since I graduated about a year ago.

I'm not thinking about dropping these classes, but how much do u think the grade will matter? They won't even factor into my GPA since they don't apply to a degree...I only took them to raise my undergraduate AMCAS GPA...Both are medically related and I am taking them at a state university.

You had over 100 credits (I needed 120 when I went to school back in the last century) so 7 more won't make much of a dent in a gpa. You have two offers of admission so you don't need to do exceptionally well in order to look good in the next cycle. You don't plan to drop.

Ok, what's your question.

You had over 100 credits (I needed 120 when I went to school back in the last century) so 7 more won't make much of a dent in a gpa. You have two offers of admission so you don't need to do exceptionally well in order to look good in the next cycle. You don't plan to drop.

Ok, what's your question.

Do you think these schools would ask for a final transcript, given that I already have a bachelors degree?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think these schools would ask for a final transcript, given that I already have a bachelors degree?

Some schools ask for a final transcript once you're done with undergrad regardless of whether or not you earned a degree all the way to the end, but what does it matter? The only thing you can really do to get an offer taken back is commit a crime or not be able to pay for school. Just finish the courses and enjoy your summer.

Some programs will ask for an original transcript from every school attended without regard for whether you earned a degree or not. Are you thinking that slacking off and taking a couple Cs might derail you. Not a worry, AFAIK.