non-degree or transfer

Started by kboykb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kboykb

Floetic Artistry
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but I can't find any threads on it. I spoke to my financial aid officer and she said that I could possibly enroll to a university as a transfer student for financial aid purposes.

Basically, if I apply as a transfer student and major in, say, biology or chemistry and only take the classes that are necessary to fulfill my pre-reqs, will the adcoms notice that I stopped going to school afterwards? I don't want this to be detrimental to my application.
 
Are you talking about doing a postbacc?
If you already have a degree, you wouldn't be a transfer.
You could enroll as a second degree student and there may be more FA options available to you, as well as an easier time getting into classes.

As a normal postbacc (or continuing ed student), you are eligible for $10500 in federal loans.

Med schools won't care about your status as long as you have the classes done.