Non-increasing Kaplan practice test score...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ambenz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all... So I have been studying for my MCAT since February (early March) and I have been taking one practice test for the last 5 weeks and I have been unable to get my score above 488.... I'm ranging between 484-488 on ALL of my Kaplan practice tests and I'm feeling SUPER down and depressed about this and I don't know what to do.. I am reviewing over my tests but it seems like I can't get it over into the 490s at all. I correct my tests, make note cards,etc. but I'm out of energy and thoughts on what to do to increase my score anymore..... PLEASE HELP. I'm scheduled to take my exam May 13th.

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like a content issues. Do you feel like you have solid foundation?

I would same yes to some, no to others.. I have found that I am lacking the "appropriate" knowledge in some areas.... Time is another issue I have figured out for the Chem/Phys and CARS section. I'm rushing on about 2 passages each for each of these sections.

Do you have any tips for the best ways to continue to review over content material? I have been using Khan and flashcards as well as the Kaplan website... Maybe I'm just spending too much time on unimportant topics.

I would same yes to some, no to others.. I have found that I am lacking the "appropriate" knowledge in some areas.... Time is another issue I have figured out for the Chem/Phys and CARS section. I'm rushing on about 2 passages each for each of these sections.

Do you have any tips for the best ways to continue to review over content material? I have been using Khan and flashcards as well as the Kaplan website... Maybe I'm just spending too much time on unimportant topics.

No, I'm sorry, I don't. I'm still trying to figure it out myself :/ Only thing I'd suggest is that you move your MCAT date. I think you need more time to be ready. Browse the forum for other's methods for content review and raising their practice scores. You have to try something different than what you've been doing, that's for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all... So I have been studying for my MCAT since February (early March) and I have been taking one practice test for the last 5 weeks and I have been unable to get my score above 488.... I'm ranging between 484-488 on ALL of my Kaplan practice tests and I'm feeling SUPER down and depressed about this and I don't know what to do.. I am reviewing over my tests but it seems like I can't get it over into the 490s at all. I correct my tests, make note cards,etc. but I'm out of energy and thoughts on what to do to increase my score anymore..... PLEASE HELP. I'm scheduled to take my exam May 13th.

Content is the issue. I took Kaplan and their Fls focus mostly on content. Close your gaps

Kaplan is waaaay harder than the actual exam. Try and take AAMC fl, and you will see the difference

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with above, take an AAMC and see how you do. That's the best predictor out there. And if you're scoring below 50% on each section, than maybe you need to reschedule and figure out another game plan because whatever you're doing now if not working.

Reactions: 1 user