Non-MCAT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mohamm46

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK...here is the deal

I willtake the MCAT...only after I have been rejected from all the non-MCAT schools.

ANYONE know if US has any NON-MCAT requiring schools? I mean you should be able to find this info on AAMC or somewhere on the internet but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...it seems AAMC actually wants me to contact all 131 schools to see if they need MCAT!

For what its worth...in Canada uOttawa, Laval U (french) and NOSM do not require an MCAT yet. McMaster also did not but now it requires on the verbal.

I am sure u guys know atleast 1 school that DOES NOT require an MCAT.

I know u know...and u know u wana share it....commmoonnnnn!!!

:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Is there an extenuating circumstance that is preventing you from taking the MCAT?.. it will greatly expand your options. I'm sure you have your reasons, but I don't think it's wise to not decide not to take it just to find an 'easy route' to become a physician.

OK...here is the deal

I willtake the MCAT...only after I have been rejected from all the non-MCAT schools.

ANYONE know if US has any NON-MCAT requiring schools? I mean you should be able to find this info on AAMC or somewhere on the internet but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...it seems AAMC actually wants me to contact all 131 schools to see if they need MCAT!

For what its worth...in Canada uOttawa, Laval U (french) and NOSM do not require an MCAT yet. McMaster also did not but now it requires on the verbal.

I am sure u guys know atleast 1 school that DOES NOT require an MCAT.

I know u know...and u know u wana share it....commmoonnnnn!!!

:oops:

Just know that throughout medical school you will be taking boards that a more difficult and stressful than the MCAT...There are NO non-board requiring US medical schools either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Going to be a little harsh here maybe, but...

If you're going into medicine with that kind of attitude, it might not be for you. No easy way out here, you go against the tide with everything you got, and see if you're still standing

I know you're probably scared of the MCAT. Many students are. Just use SDN for great advice on the best approach to studying for it , and ask questions to reduce your anxiety. Board exams after the MCAT don't get much easier. So try your best to study for and do your best. Try to also keep a positive attitude and confront your fears. Good luck.