Non-post bac question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eh excuse me if this is the wrong forum but there are so many, i am confused about which one to post this in

i have a question, which of these do the medical admission "people" look most favorably on, post-bac, PhD or work experience

on the hand, this is a good forum to post it in, i just didnt have a catching topic, sorry

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if there are any stats on whether a post-bacc program, PhD or work experience would make a candidate more attractive -- I imagine, though, that it really depends on the individual situation. For example, a post-bacc run with a 4.0 gpa would make someone more attractive than a 2-year stint as an anonymous lab-tech, but a job in a lab with a well-known researcher who writes you a stellar recommendation would blow the pants off a post-bacc with a 2.0 average... See what I mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Like was said before, it depends on your situation. If your grades need help a bit, the post-bac is a good idea. If you have good grades and you would like some great experience, then a lab job might be fun for a short while. If your MCATs stink then you need to study more for the MCAT. Personally I did the lab thing and am now in a post-bac program. I got a great letter of recc, but no one letter is going to get you into medical school.