Non-PTCAS Schools that have low GPA minimum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mvp504

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone who knew of non-PTCAS schools that have a minimum GPA below 3.0. I applied to several PTCAS schools but my GPA was a lot lower than expect when PTCAS gave there GPA calculation. Thought I had a shot but PTCAS GPA standardization process messed everything up. Please let me know, thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

I know several PTCAS schools have a minimum of 2.75. AT Still is one of them, I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-PT forum

:thumbup:

University of St Augustine is non-PTCAS. I don't know their minimum GPA but I think they tend to accept lower GPAs because they look at the "whole" applicant.

USA is about the only school that is both non-PTCAS and accepts applicants with overall GPAs less than 3.0. Why does it matter if the school is non-PTCAS?

I've heard of St. Augustine, looking into it thanks. The reason why it has to be a non-ptcas school is because my GPA on my transcript is different from the GPA PTCAS calculated for me based off of their system. I have about a 2.9 GPA, after retaking a some courses, but PTCAS takes into account all grades despite the fact that they have been repeated. So my GPA on PTCAS is significantly lower.

The reason why it has to be a non-ptcas school is because my GPA on my transcript is different from the GPA PTCAS calculated for me based off of their system.

Some of the schools that use PTCAS make their own GPA calculations instead of using the PTCAS calculations. You can check school by school to see how they calculate GPA, and whether they only consider the grade from a repeated course or average the two grades from the same course. Also, some schools only look at the last 45 or 60 units. You don't have to automatically rule out all PTCAS schools due to their GPA calculations, but it just takes some research to find out how individual schools calculate the GPA.