Non radiology research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peter8989

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am in need of some help from this experienced crowd. Currently I am between graduating college and my MS1 year. I would like to do some research this summer. I am very interested in Radiology.

I am just wondering what I can do in research considering that I only have a Biology degree and would like to work at my undergraduate institution. I don't think we even have any imaging research at this institution. Would doing research on the heart or any other human biological areas help my case for Radiology (don't know if I will be able to publish or not considering I will only have 3 months). If so or not, are there any other types of studies I could do with my limited expertise that would interesting, informative, AND help to put me on the right track towards a radiology residency.

Any input would be appreciated: even if is just an opinion... :D

Members don't see this ad.

Peter8989 said:
Hello. I am in need of some help from this experienced crowd. Currently I am between graduating college and my MS1 year. I would like to do some research this summer. I am very interested in Radiology.

I am just wondering what I can do in research considering that I only have a Biology degree and would like to work at my undergraduate institution. I don't think we even have any imaging research at this institution. Would doing research on the heart or any other human biological areas help my case for Radiology (don't know if I will be able to publish or not considering I will only have 3 months). If so or not, are there any other types of studies I could do with my limited expertise that would interesting, informative, AND help to put me on the right track towards a radiology residency.

Any input would be appreciated: even if is just an opinion... :D

If you're definately interested in radiology, do radiology research and get published. it makes life much easier down the road

emtji said:
If you're definately interested in radiology, do radiology research and get published. it makes life much easier down the road

Yes, I am VERY interested in radiology and I am for sure planning radiology research the next summer between my MS1 and MS2 years at my medical school institution. I would like to do radiology research this summer too, but I am not even sure if my undergraduate institution offers this type of research considering that the affiliated medical school has their fingers in it.

As my goal, I am going to try to find a radiology research project, but if I can't achieve this what type of research projects should I look into? Is there something else that has cross over appeal to it? I am not really sure what to do...

Once again, thank you to the people of this board :oops:

Peter8989 said:
Yes, I am VERY interested in radiology and I am for sure planning radiology research the next summer between my MS1 and MS2 years at my medical school institution. I would like to do radiology research this summer too, but I am not even sure if my undergraduate institution offers this type of research considering that the affiliated medical school has their fingers in it.

As my goal, I am going to try to find a radiology research project, but if I can't achieve this what type of research projects should I look into? Is there something else that has cross over appeal to it? I am not really sure what to do...

Once again, thank you to the people of this board :oops:

I think you might have a very difficult time getting something set up through your college. Try contacting the radiology dept at your home hospital (or for that matter, any academic hospital in the vicinity of where you want to be) and ask if anyone is involved in research. Shouldn't be too hard to find something. Finding funding for your summer research is a different story. Your medical school may have some summer research fellowships.