Non-related fun: What/who are your avatars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The BLING gauge in my Honda.

Members don't see this ad.

wendywellesley said:
mine's from nataliedee.com
cartoonist, very funny.
Mine too!! She makes me laugh everyday.

Currently it's Frank Netter's rage response guy. You can see a couple of the arrows from the complete diagram. It's in his Neuroscience atlas.

It used to be a fun photo of me, and it might be again soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
My dude's Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars Ep. III

I chose him for three reasons:
- I'm a Star Wars fan (especially the concept of the force, but I won't go in too deep)
- His eyes look cool/evil like a cat.
- I thought it was interesting that he turned dark trying to save someone (Natalie Portman, who btw, yum). Draw a reference to medicine if you will.

BTW, 100th post. :)
-Dr. P.

Dr. Pepper said:
BTW, 100th post. :)
-Dr. P.

Congratulations!

My 500th was so anti-climatic. I was pretty disappointed.

Mine is a picture of me circa 2001. I dabbled in comedy for a while before getting serious. I also build centers for ants...to teach them how to learn how to read good :thumbup:

I chose my avatar because she is a cute little Mexican girl with plenty of attitude...just like me!! Heehee!! :p :p

CRUSH... from Finding Nemo! :D Duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Mine's from Stargate. Like me, her character is a physicist & an Air Force officer. Unlike me, she got to do really cool stuff with both. I just got bored and separated. I mean, really, the least they could have done was read me into area 51. :p

Oh, yeah, and I look like her, too... in my own mind. Not so much on the outside, though. :rolleyes:

-Pemberley

dude, nataliedee.com is hillarious. thanks for showing me that!

my avatar is a japanese character called mikan bouya. he's a mandarin orange. although he is sensitive to coldness, he wants to be a frozen orange, so he's trying to overcome coldness. he has some friends too:

mikanbouya.gif

Cool Thread. For Miami Vice fans, mine is obvious -- Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) from Miami Vice -- One of my favorite TV shows of all time. This frame is from the episode titled "Definitely Miami" -- one of the best episodes of the series.

Members don't see this ad :)
mine is my antithesis.

badlydrawnvik said:
ever see videos of him playing? what a bad ass mofo. i wish i had seen atdi while they were together.

my avatar is a picture of kele okereke of bloc party that i took this summer at a concert.

Yeah man the videos and live shows are awesome, so is his solo album. I still need to see a Bloc Party live show. I wish I saw an atdi show too

scentimint said:
dude, nataliedee.com is hillarious. thanks for showing me that!

my avatar is a japanese character called mikan bouya. he's a mandarin orange. although he is sensitive to coldness, he wants to be a frozen orange, so he's trying to overcome coldness. he has some friends too:

mikanbouya.gif

Oh his friends are cute! I like him best and his little green buddy second best, I think he must be a lime?

KittycooMD said:
I love looking at everyone's avatars as generally they are all we know about how each SDNer looks or whom each identifies with.
I'd love to know how you all chose your avatars since it might give us a bit more insight into each other!

Mine is the cover of the album Castaways and Cutouts by The Decemberists, a fantastic band I've been listening to a lot lately. I chose it mostly because I liked the picture and I needed an avatar -- very much an impulse.

I've been thinking of changing it to something more medically-related...

KittycooMD said:
Oh his friends are cute! I like him best and his little green buddy second best, I think he must be a lime?
thanks kittycoo! i love your hairless kitty :)

yup, his friends are lemon and lime, although they're japanese, so the lemon might actually be yuzu, a similarly tart citrus fruit.

there are some more too:
MIKANCASE2006.jpg

Touchdown said:
Mine is a picture of the Magnum XL 200 at Cedar Point (my second favorite, but more photogenic then #1, steel roller coaster) coastering is a major summer hobby of mine. Since my name is about my other big way I pass my time, I figured I needed a coaster as my avatar.

i'm gettin ready to go to cedar point. i'm a huge chicken, but I LOVE top thrill dragster. last year rode it 8 times in a row b/c there was no line--def. my fave

Mine is clearly baby doctor barbie. Mostly because I'm a girl, and I'd like to be a baby doctor. It's awfully misleading though because I'm not blonde most of the time.

Hunter "Patch" Adams :)

Zeeba neighba drunk, passed out in a wading pool. It's how I envision my summer. :thumbup: