Non-related fun: What/who are your avatars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KittycooMD

Caffeine is my friend
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love looking at everyone's avatars as generally they are all we know about how each SDNer looks or whom each identifies with.
I'd love to know how you all chose your avatars since it might give us a bit more insight into each other! You're all wonderful and thank you for all your advice :love:

I'll start! My avatar is a picture of Adonis, my little hairless kitty. He's very sweet and often studies with me...and by that I mean sleeps on my lap or on my books while I cram it all in :D

Members don't see this ad.

Oh i like this thread!

I was watching a Padres game at Petco Park in SD and the sun was setting, and it was one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen in my whole entire life! So here's a picture I took from where I was sitting.
oh and that's a crane in the background. It looked perfect, and the full size pic is actually awesome...:) so that's mine!

I was a senior software engineer with Boeing, writing mission software for the F/A-18 SuperHornet cockpit (weapons, navigation, communication, threat correlation, etc.). I did that for 5 years before heading back to school for a pre-med post-bacc. Somehow it just seemed fitting to throw up a pic of the jet when I needed an avatar.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rhema McKnight catching a TD pass one handed against WSU in 2003. The play was inaccurately ruled out of bounds.

WMDs in Iraq.

(ha..ha.. Lame, I know, but I had to do it.)

My avatar shows my inability to use any of the higher graphics programs and a prime example of why MS Paint sucks. But it captures the emotions that I was going through earlier in this application process and a few months later....still
am! :eek:

- love panda bears. Had a stuffed one since the day I was born and still have it. Think Calvin and Hobbes but with a panda instead of a Tiger. Beautiful animals that probably wont be around by the end of the next decade :(

RayhanS1282 said:
My avatar shows my inability to use any of the higher graphics programs and a prime example of why MS Paint sucks. But it captures the emotions that I was going through earlier in this application process and a few months later....still
am! :eek:

MS Paint only sucks if you don't know how to use it. I made my avatar using MS Paint.

Just as good as photoshop if you know what you're doing...

components:
Grateful Dead Steal Your Face Logo
Surgeon

Awesome bumper sticker seen often in rural Florida. Another common variant shows a gator instead of a skeeter.

Depakote said:
MS Paint only sucks if you don't know how to use it. I made my avatar using MS Paint.

Just as good as photoshop if you know what you're doing...

components:
Grateful Dead Steal Your Face Logo
Surgeon

Oh man, I thought you meant you drew your entire avatar using on MS Paint. I was going to say you are one talented mofo. Hmm I didn't even notice the head until now...

hmmm...let me see...my favorite disney movie is mulan, and i admire her personality...her courage and bravery.

I'm new here, but I figured I'd post anyway. This is the front of the building I lived in when I studied in London last spring...:love: I miss the city and I can't wait to go back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is Aldous Huxley. Love the guy. I chose him because he was a vegetarian, and mystic.

"At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas."

"Maybe this world is another world's hell"

"A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy. "

"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."

"Ignore death up to the last moment; then, when it can't be ignored any longer, have yourself squirted full of morphia and shuffle off in a coma. Thoroughly sensible, humane and scientific, eh? "

"One of the great attractions of patriotism - it fulfills our worst wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are profoundly virtuous."

Guitar = main hobby of mine.

Urahara from Bleach. He fits my personality... very laid-back :D

Something some of you may have had for lunch today. Damn those of you who did.

What can i say, I live Stitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

These little guys are just reflect what I have going on inside. Especially the really crazy one in the center. He is my favorite. I talk to them while playing on SDN :eek: :D

i don't know how to put an avatar up.

mine's from nataliedee.com
cartoonist, very funny.

My avatar is a baby picture of me!

Mine is Omar A. Rodriguez Lopez, the guitarist from The Mars Volta

The music was weird to me at first but I got used to it later

Erwin Schrödinger, One of the Greats

Formulated quantum wave mechanics and inspired Watson and Crick to search for the molecular source of genetic information. Thus, the fountainhead of 2 of the 20th century's greatest scientific ideas which have propelled physics and biology to where they are today. :thumbup:

Mine is my invisible and only friend.

Buster from the TV show Arrested Develoment. It's a series of photo booth pictures from an episode that explains Buster's lifelong fear of sheep.

I found my avatar on some site. I liked the color of the background, and the fact that it was the right size avatar, so I had to use it. I actually have one I like better, but it's too big no matter how hard I try to cut it down.

I also appreciate this puppy's healthy appetite. No anorexic puppies for me!

Mine is a pic of me doing surgery (in a research lab)!

Andy15430 said:
Buster from the TV show Arrested Develoment. It's a series of photo booth pictures from an episode that explains Buster's lifelong fear of sheep.

I watched that one yesterday. Good stuff.

My avatar is me in South Park. As a doctor. It actually looks a lot like me.

Mine is a picture of the Magnum XL 200 at Cedar Point (my second favorite, but more photogenic then #1, steel roller coaster) coastering is a major summer hobby of mine. Since my name is about my other big way I pass my time, I figured I needed a coaster as my avatar.

V, from the movie/graphic novel V for vendetta.

BOBODR said:
- love panda bears. Had a stuffed one since the day I was born and still have it. Think Calvin and Hobbes but with a panda instead of a Tiger. Beautiful animals that probably wont be around by the end of the next decade :(

i :love: the baby pandas, the one at the national zoo is so cute
(i like the red one best though)

i just changed mine to this random girl jumping
i thought it looked nice & fun & made me feel happy b/c i'm graduating & that's what i'm gonna do when i get my diploma

coco said:
Oh i like this thread!

I was watching a Padres game at Petco Park in SD and the sun was setting, and it was one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen in my whole entire life! So here's a picture I took from where I was sitting.
oh and that's a crane in the background. It looked perfect, and the full size pic is actually awesome...:) so that's mine!

Coco, I just moved back from a year in SD. I managed to catch 1 game at Petco Park...vs Colorado. Great weather :)

While I was an undergraduate, I really adored ths one girl a whole lot. We were fairly good friends too. The only problem was, I am fairly ugly. And I just felt bad sending her a picture of me since she is a very beautiful person.

So I sent her a picture of a beautiful little cat looking a bunch of flowers. I told her that whenever she saw that picture, I asked her to think of me. Since then, I have always picked a cat picture whenever I join internet forums.

My avatar is my dog, Jesse. She's a beautiful female German Shepherd and she'll be four in July. She's causing some problems for me right now since the campus where I will attend medical school for the first two years is not in my hometown and we're having to find a rental house with a yard and a landlord who is not terrified by anything tri-colored tan/black/cream that weighs 70 pounds. I think we've found a pretty nice little modest house with a big back yard with oak trees for shade.

this is henry rollins. if i was a guy, i would want to be henry rollins. instead, i just swoon over him. the intensity. the fury. the rocking. the fearlessness. and the fantastic tattoos.

from Henry:

“Why do you think the old stories tell of men who set out on great journeys to impress the gods? Because trying to impress people just isn't worth the time and effort.”

“It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.”

"Half of life is ****ing up - the other half is dealing with it."

i originally picked it when i joined because i was really grumpy and this face of his is how i was feeling. lately, now that i'm in and set and all is clear, have been toying with changing it to Peaches.

(As you can well see) its Lance on the Champs Elysees after winning his 7th consecutive (and final) Tour de France. Lance has been a hero to me basically since his triathlon days... long before cancer and the tours.

And now he's running the NY marathon... my bet is that he heads back to triathlons before too long.....

the most magnficent vehicle ever created, a formula one ferrari of course

driven by the best driver ever, michael schumacher

Haha, does anyone use the standard avatars? I just saw these when changing mine.

Anyhow, mine's obvious...

Jacks Mannequin said:
Haha, does anyone use the standard avatars? I just saw these when changing mine.

Anyhow, mine's obvious...

hey, i love your avatar! :)

C.P. Jones said:
the most magnficent vehicle ever created, a formula one ferrari of course

driven by the best driver ever, michael schumacher
I have always loved schumacher...back in the day, (96-97) i had a little crush on villeneuve but I got over him and went back to schumacher :D haha, great avatar!

Adam
Eve
and The Apple
:love:

Bugatti Veyron. Gorgeous, curvy, fast as ****, and mine one day. :smuggrin:

CSLITO said:
Mine is Omar A. Rodriguez Lopez, the guitarist from The Mars Volta

The music was weird to me at first but I got used to it later
ever see videos of him playing? what a bad ass mofo. i wish i had seen atdi while they were together.

my avatar is a picture of kele okereke of bloc party that i took this summer at a concert.

Mine is a cartoon representation of my career - up until 0600 on May 11, 2006 - then I am officially retired as a clinical laboratory scientist.

Next stop: MS1

Looks like I'll need a new avatar...