Non-science LORs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dark_scientist, Sep 19, 2002.

1. dark_scientist

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi all,

I was wondering what schools specifically request a non-science letter of recommendation. I tried doing a search but found nothing. Thanks a lot.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
  4. dark_scientist

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just what I was looking for, thanks pocwana.

5. i know umich, upitt both do

6. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

how do schools really know when you send a committee letter? my school doesn't attach all letters, but they comment about each one. do med schools really look at each one to see what subject they taught you? i've been confused about this for a while... i have 6 letters, but none are really non-science except one from a former employer. i have one from a prof i worked for for 2 summers, but she was a science prof. i also have one from a biostats prof, but that's not exactly non-science either. hmm... oh well. don't think i applied to too many that actually require the non-science to be a prof.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

When you send a committee letter I don't think you have to pay attention to the schools' letter requirements, but only your own school's committee requirements for letters. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Schools usually ask on the secondary whether you're sending a committee or individual letters, and, if individual, give their requirements and ask you to list your recommenders.