Non-science LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dark_scientist

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering what schools specifically request a non-science letter of recommendation. I tried doing a search but found nothing. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do schools really know when you send a committee letter? my school doesn't attach all letters, but they comment about each one. do med schools really look at each one to see what subject they taught you? i've been confused about this for a while... i have 6 letters, but none are really non-science except one from a former employer. i have one from a prof i worked for for 2 summers, but she was a science prof. i also have one from a biostats prof, but that's not exactly non-science either. hmm... oh well. don't think i applied to too many that actually require the non-science to be a prof.

When you send a committee letter I don't think you have to pay attention to the schools' letter requirements, but only your own school's committee requirements for letters. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Schools usually ask on the secondary whether you're sending a committee or individual letters, and, if individual, give their requirements and ask you to list your recommenders.