Non-Science Major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnytoofye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know this question has been answered multiple times, but I feel like I would get my question(s) answered if I ask them. I'm current majoring in Sports Management, but I'm minoring in Biology. I've taken a physics class and general science class. My question is would it be possible to be able to pursue a dental career sense I'm minoring in Biology? Also how difficult would it be if I possible got accepted into dental school by not meeting some pre-reqs such as chemistry classes? My mom has been a dental hygienist for 20 plus years and still is and I am usually in the dental office a lot when I'm home from school. I have been taught some dental things in the past few years and occasionally still do.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to complete all the pre-reqs regardless of your major/minor. Find some way to fit in the required classes (chemistry/physics) or take them after you graduate. Major doesn't matter but the grades you receive do.

You need to take all the pre-requisites for the schools to which you apply. I have a BA in Political Science and MA in international studies and had to go back into a post-bac to do all the BCP requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was a business major. Schools like diversity, so if you're major is different, it will help you more than not.

Undergrad in business and also an MBA..going back to take prereqs now. Based on what I've read and researched, you just have to complete the prereqs. Someone correct if I'm wrong, but your degree can be in anything.

Thank you for all the responses. My next question even though it might sound crazy but what exactly are all the pre-reqs required?

Thank you for all the responses. My next question even though it might sound crazy but what exactly are all the pre-reqs required?

Varies by school but at the minimum 2 semesters each of Biology/Chemistry/Organic Chemistry/Physics, some schools have further requirements such as Anatomy/Physiology/Microbiology/Psychology/etc.

A good idea would be to look at the website of your state school or schools you plan on applying to so you can get an idea of their pre-reqs.