Non-Technical Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RexKD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any non-technical books which serve as a good introduction to the field? Maybe a biography about a famous pathologist who has contributed to the advancement of medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

RexKD said:
Are there any non-technical books which serve as a good introduction to the field? Maybe a biography about a famous pathologist who has contributed to the advancement of medicine?

A good introduction to path is a book by Chuck Palahniuk. Try an Amazon.com search for that author. If you want to be REALLY adventurous and catch a glimpse of life as a path resident read Pauline Reage's classic novel (search on amazon for that too). In this spectacular work, the main character 'O' is the path resident while the Sir Stephen is commonly equated with the role of the dermatopathology attending.

LADoc00 said:
A good introduction to path is a book by Chuck Palahniuk. Try an Amazon.com search for that author. If you want to be REALLY adventurous and catch a glimpse of life as a path resident read Pauline Reage's classic novel (search on amazon for that too). In this spectacular work, the main character 'O' is the path resident while the Sir Stephen is commonly equated with the role of the dermatopathology attending.
You're killing me! Didn't you tell us that Chuck's novel going to be featured prominently at USCAP next year? The O'Reage novel is not unique to path, though - seems fit for all residencies. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
geddy said:
You're killing me! Didn't you tell us that Chuck's novel going to be featured prominently at USCAP next year? The O'Reage novel is not unique to path, though - seems fit for all residencies. :laugh:

You didnt see that CAP email? ASCP and CAP are co-hosting a conference on "Story of O:The Modern Tale of Pathology and Dermatology" in SF next year. It is to coincide with the exotic erotic ball.

Some serious replies please.

bananaface said:
Do you own the illustrated version or the standard? :laugh:

Hmmm Are you a fellow practitioner of the art Nana? Give me a time and place, and Ill be there complete with my KY tubes, horse whip and dog leash.
I can bring a stash of pseudoephedrine and we can get all hyped up and really thrash each other. :love:

bananaface said:
How about you stand in the men's room at a rest stop somewhere with all your gear and see what happens? :smuggrin:

How about I show you my big yellow paddle with Banana engraved on it...But if you want to do it in a public bathroom, thats cool, didnt know you were that kinky! :laugh:

PS-Not sure how people do it, do you bend the girl over the toliet in stall with her hands pressed against the wall for support and kinda do it standing up? Nana can you shed some light on this?

MMm Thanks

LADoc00 said:
How about I show you my big yellow paddle with Banana engraved on it...But if you want to do it in a public bathroom, thats cool, didnt know you were that kinky! :laugh:

PS-Not sure how people do it, do you bend the girl over the toliet in stall with her hands pressed against the wall for support and kinda do it standing up? Nana can you shed some light on this?

MMm Thanks
What?!?!?! I thought you were supposed to be some sort of an expert or something?

I really couldn't tell you anything about getting it on in public restrooms. I would have to bring in some outside expertise for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
What?!?!?! I thought you were supposed to be some sort of an expert or something?

I really couldn't tell you anything about getting it on in public restrooms. I would have to bring in some outside expertise for that.
I think you could probably ask George Michael.

bananaface said:

Bet you saw some cute guy at a bar and thought about it though.

On a related note, has anyone seen a bone fide "gloryhole" in a bathroom before? Or are they urban legend.

bananaface said:
That would be male:male stall action though. That is not as complicated.

Do I need to consult an expert here?
I'm not so sure about that. I don't think a couple centimeters really makes that much of a difference in the mechanics. I'm pretty sure with some anatomically-correct drawings that Geroge Michael could extrapolate.

geddy said:
I'm not so sure about that. I don't think a couple centimeters really makes that much of a difference in the mechanics. I'm pretty sure with some anatomically-correct drawings that Geroge Michael could extrapolate.
You're married, right? Go test it out and get back to us.

bananaface said:
You're married, right? Go test it out and get back to us.
Exaclty - I'm married. Now, what is this "sex", again?

geddy said:

Height is big tho, have you ever tried to bang a chick from behind standing up in the shower? That **** can be a serious challenge dude.

Has anyone here every been caught by the police having sex in public? I got a verbal warning and was told I could end up on a sex offenders list for it, but I think they were full of it. Sex outside is perfectly friggin normal. Its what God intended!! The Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jeb Bush and Schiavo's parents would support me on this.

geddy said:
Exaclty - I'm married. Now, what is this "sex", again?

Dude if I was married, Id be going into "CrAzY MaN" mode tonight. :horns:

You need to hit that for all of us who will be high and dry this evening, think that includes myself, Andy and Banana.

LADoc00 said:
Height is big tho, have you ever tried to bang a chick from behind standing up in the shower? That **** can be a serious challenge dude.

Has anyone here every been caught by the police having sex in public? I got a verbal warning and was told I could end up on a sex offenders list for it, but I think they were full of it. Sex outside is perfectly friggin normal. Its what God intended!! The Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jeb Bush and Schiavo's parents would support me on this.
One of my friends "fell over in the shower" on her honeymoon and got a concussion. Oops! :laugh:

If the windows are fogged up, it's not indecent exposure either.