Aug 8, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
So I’m just starting my pre-reqs and looking for advice on the best way forward.

Currently, I have a bachelors degree in accounting from Western Governors University (online school). The downside is that through this university I have no gpa. I do have about 30 hours attempted from a community college several years back at a 2.63 gpa with no science classes. I am confident I can raise this significantly with my pre-reqs.

My main question is this. Should I just go back to my community college and complete all the pre-reqs there with a high gpa and start applying? Or would it be best to just continue after pre-reqs and finIsh a bachelors in biology? I just don’t want to apply and have my application thrown out immediately due to the lack of a gpa in my bachelors.

Any advice is appreciated!

Jun 13, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So I’m just starting my pre-reqs and looking for advice on the best way forward.

Currently, I have a bachelors degree in accounting from Western Governors University (online school). The downside is that through this university I have no gpa. I do have about 30 hours attempted from a community college several years back at a 2.63 gpa with no science classes. I am confident I can raise this significantly with my pre-reqs.

My main question is this. Should I just go back to my community college and complete all the pre-reqs there with a high gpa and start applying? Or would it be best to just continue after pre-reqs and finIsh a bachelors in biology? I just don’t want to apply and have my application thrown out immediately due to the lack of a gpa in my bachelors.

Any advice is appreciated!

I believe you do need a bachelor's degree to apply to dental school but it does NOT have to be science related. You do however have to take all of the pre-requisite courses. These courses traditionally have to be from an accredited 4-year institution. The dental school will likely prefer or require that you take the pre-reqs at a 4-year school but you may want to call just to make sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads