Non Trad. applicant to GS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marypickles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am at a crossroads right now and I am trying to figure out which way to go. Should I remain at my current institution or pursue my studies at Columbia GS. I am an undergraduate and their program would do well for me in the sense that I am looking for extreme rigor. The quandary is the fact that I could indeed still totally adjust to my current institution so much so that things work out for the best. I am taking science courses as expected in this field next term and I think that my chances for proving a credible application are great.

I have many reasons backing my choice, but the fact of the matter is I have to do this soon. This will not be the first transfer on my part. So, what I am asking is what would you do if you wanted an ivy league degree and a medical degree, but at the same time resources were available at the university one is transferring from?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unless the ivy degree is on scholarship, or you have an excess of money, it seems foolish to rake up so much debt. That's just me. Good luck and congratulations!

I am at a crossroads right now and I am trying to figure out which way to go. Should I remain at my current institution or pursue my studies at Columbia GS. I am an undergraduate and their program would do well for me in the sense that I am looking for extreme rigor. The quandary is the fact that I could indeed still totally adjust to my current institution so much so that things work out for the best. I am taking science courses as expected in this field next term and I think that my chances for proving a credible application are great.

I have many reasons backing my choice, but the fact of the matter is I have to do this soon. This will not be the first transfer on my part. So, what I am asking is what would you do if you wanted an ivy league degree and a medical degree, but at the same time resources were available at the university one is transferring from?
Stay at the current university and rock a 4.0. Going to a new school won't help you if you have trouble adjusting and your grades slip. Stick with what you know you can do well at. :luck: