Non-Trad Applicant...what are my chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.TexPhD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted some feedback on what my chances of getting into medical school are. I am a recent PhD trying to get into MD. Here are my stats below:

Female, Hispanic, 27 years old. Graduated with a 3.7 GPA in undergrad and just obtained a Doctorate in Molecular Medicine from Dartmouth. I have 2 publications, an F31 NIH grant for grad students, I have many leadership positions in both undergrad and grad school, shadowing of at least 300hrs and 2-3 years worth of clinical volunteering (not including volunteer experience in non-clinical areas done in undergrad). My MCAT is my major hurdle, I am a re-taker and looks like I will be getting around a 498-502 on it.
Will apply this cycle to medical school. What are the thoughts around this? Do my other stats help me despite my predicted MCAT score?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Any way you can take an intensive MCAT prep course?

You sound like a stellar candidate aside from your predicted MCAT!

Any way you can take an intensive MCAT prep course?

You sound like a stellar candidate aside from your predicted MCAT!
I am currently taking an intensive prep course but I am just not seeing the results :/ I was hoping that those schools that take a holistic approach might forgive the low predicted score but not sure if that is just false hope on my part.