Non-trad applying ENT

Started by operaman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

operaman

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a mid-30s student about to start the ENT application process and wanted to ask the attendings and residents here if you would have any particular concerns about ranking a candidate my age. I can't really think of anything besides accounting for my time before med school, but felt it was worth asking in case there were something else I might want to address in my personal statement/letters/interviews.

Thank you all for any advice you have to offer and I look forward to meeting some of you on the trail this year!
 
You're only a tad bit older than I was when I applied. I was a military candidate, but I still got about 12 civilian interviews before the military match made them a moot point. You should be fine in terms of your age.