Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess this is going to turn into a "chance me" post, so here goes:
I am making a career change and applying to dental school 8 years after graduating with my BS in Zoology and 3 years after receiving my MS in Behavior Analysis. My undergrad science GPA and overall GPA were both around 3.36, and my graduate GPA was a 4.0. I completed all my pre-reqs in undergrad, with mostly As/Bs. I did make Cs in O.Chem lecture, and I retook O. Chem I last semester and made an A-. I am currently taking upper-division Bio courses and making As, while working full-time and raising a 3 year old (married).
I am currently a research assistant and lab manager at a highly regarded medical school, and I my LoR from my PI should be stellar. I'm pretty sure my other letters will be favorable as well.
Between my undergrad/graduate careers, I have over 1000 volunteer hours. I was in several clubs in undergrad, but was most active in only one of them, holding 3 top officer positions. In grad school, I led 2 separate committees and was VP of my organization.
By the time applications open in May, I will have ~100 hours of shadowing at 2 different general practices. I don't have a whole lot of extra time to volunteer between work/family/shadowing/class at the moment.
Took the DAT in January: AA19 GC16 OC19 Bio20 QR 18 RC23 PAT26. I'd like to retake it again to bump up my TS score, especially my GC.
I'm planning to apply to all 3 Texas schools (Tx resident) as well as some out of state. Thoughts?
I am making a career change and applying to dental school 8 years after graduating with my BS in Zoology and 3 years after receiving my MS in Behavior Analysis. My undergrad science GPA and overall GPA were both around 3.36, and my graduate GPA was a 4.0. I completed all my pre-reqs in undergrad, with mostly As/Bs. I did make Cs in O.Chem lecture, and I retook O. Chem I last semester and made an A-. I am currently taking upper-division Bio courses and making As, while working full-time and raising a 3 year old (married).
I am currently a research assistant and lab manager at a highly regarded medical school, and I my LoR from my PI should be stellar. I'm pretty sure my other letters will be favorable as well.
Between my undergrad/graduate careers, I have over 1000 volunteer hours. I was in several clubs in undergrad, but was most active in only one of them, holding 3 top officer positions. In grad school, I led 2 separate committees and was VP of my organization.
By the time applications open in May, I will have ~100 hours of shadowing at 2 different general practices. I don't have a whole lot of extra time to volunteer between work/family/shadowing/class at the moment.
Took the DAT in January: AA19 GC16 OC19 Bio20 QR 18 RC23 PAT26. I'd like to retake it again to bump up my TS score, especially my GC.
I'm planning to apply to all 3 Texas schools (Tx resident) as well as some out of state. Thoughts?