Non-Trad FAFSA parental information???

Started by rkl_OD2be
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rkl_OD2be

UMSL class of 2010
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been accepted into the class of 2010 at the College of Optometry at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. If I want to be considered for "Federal Health Professions Student Loans", then I need to provide parental information on the FAFSA.

Here's my situation: The last time I was claimed as dependant on (either) of my parent's income taxes was 1992. My mother claimed me that year (and was not married at the time). Mom remarried in 1994.

Who's information needs to be included on the FAFSA? Only my mother's? Only my mother and (biological) father? Both? Or, do I need to include my step-father's income information along with my mothers?

Anyone else from a "broken" home go through this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!


Thank you.
 
rkl_OD2be said:
Who's information needs to be included on the FAFSA? Only my mother's? Only my mother and (biological) father? Both? Or, do I need to include my step-father's income information along with my mothers?

It doesn't matter who actually claimed you, but you should list the parent who you last received the most support from, and his/her spouse if they have re-married.