Non-trad going the MPH route

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chowder_2701

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! First let me say how grateful I am to have found this forum. I've found more info and advices on here than from any counselor. Please redirect me if I've started a thread that's already been on here before.
I graduated university with a low GPA (s2.9, c3.2) in biology. Didn't know what to do with my life then so I kinda "dgaf". Have worked in health administration since then and started my own business. I also retook all of my C's and D's classes. I got accepted to the MPH program at USC last fall. And I want to get back to my medicine dream.
I was wondering if anyone here is or has been on this route before. I'm looking for advices/knowledge specifically on the MPH route to meds.
Thanks and looking forward to your responses!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! First let me say how grateful I am to have found this forum. I've found more info and advices on here than from any counselor. Please redirect me if I've started a thread that's already been on here before.
I graduated university with a low GPA (s2.9, c3.2) in biology. Didn't know what to do with my life then so I kinda "dgaf". Have worked in health administration since then and started my own business. I also retook all of my C's and D's classes. I got accepted to the MPH program at USC last fall. And I want to get back to my medicine dream.
I was wondering if anyone here is or has been on this route before. I'm looking for advices/knowledge specifically on the MPH route to meds.
Thanks and looking forward to your responses!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yeah, there have been a few of us. It won't make up for a lackluster undergrad GPA and adcoms don't always seem sure how to interpret the MPH GPA. But if you make the most of it and the experiences it has to offer, it can be a good thing to have.