non-trad in need of reapp advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nonotes9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which URM community are you from ? If Hispanic, are you fluent in Spanish ? Where is your state of residence ? Which schools did you apply to and where were your interviews ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Describe your interview prep for the the programs. Where did you apply? What does your postbac program director think?

For interview prep, I had general answers and ideas of things that I wanted to bring up throughout the interview, but didn’t have anything too scripted. I felt pretty relaxed for the most part during the interviews— just normal nerves. I also had specific answers prepped for why I thought I was a fit for that program, and prepared some questions to ask the interviewers, relevant to the program.

Unfortunately, I did not do a formal post-bac, so I don’t have an advisor or program director to consult.

Last edited:
Which URM community are you from ? If Hispanic, are you fluent in Spanish ? Where is your state of residence ? Which schools did you apply to and where were your interviews ?

Last edited:
Your main weakness is low clinical volunteering hours. Accumulate another 150+ hours of clinical volunteering with patient contact by June. The more the better. You also need a larger school list. Schools such as Rush are looking for applicants with well over 1,000 hours of clinical and non clinical volunteering and the OOS state public schools you applied to admit few non residents with no connection to the state.
I suggest these schools when you reapply:
Your 2 Missouri state public schools
St. Louis
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Miami
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Einstein
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
Kaiser

Reactions: 1 users
Your main weakness is low clinical volunteering hours. Accumulate another 150+ hours of clinical volunteering with patient contact by June. The more the better. You also need a larger school list. Schools such as Rush are looking for applicants with well over 1,000 hours of clinical and non clinical volunteering and the OOS state public schools you applied to admit few non residents with no connection to the state.
I suggest these schools when you reapply:
Your 2 Missouri state public schools
St. Louis
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Miami