Non-Trad MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I try, or should I give up on medicine forever?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RedRaider2013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all

First post here. I'm sure my story is similar to many others on here. Speaking bluntly and truthfully--I was a lazy student in undergrad. I graduated with a BA in liberal arts in 2010 with a 2.8 gpa. Lots of drops and C's, and I never completed the premed curriculum. I regret undergrad everyday, but there's nothing I can do about that. I received my MBA (3.2 gpa) in 2013 and I've worked everywhere from the US Congress to commercial banking. I'm more or less happy with the way things have turned out. I've had a lot of great opportunities but I'm largely unfulfilled and I'm saddled with grad school debt. Medicine is pretty much the only thing I've been consistently interested in over the years and I've always liked science. I told myself "the dream is over" and moved on, but I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do though. I can't just go back to school full-time to knock out pre-reqs. I was hoping to find a community college that offers night classes. One of my biggest fears is that I'll do well in all the pre-req's, perform decently on the MCAT, and still not get accepted anywhere. I've always wanted to go the DO route but I fear an ADCOM will take once glance at my record and throw my app in the trash. I will not go the Caribbean route. Any suggestions? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is there reasonable hope for me? For the record school has never been hard for me, I was just incredibly lazy and unmotivated. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.