Non-trad Update Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kirands

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I interviewed at my top choice in September and was subsequently placed on the deferred list (like a wait list but acceptances from this list are granted throughout the interview process). We are encouraged to send an update letter but since the interview, I've been at home full-time with my 5 month old.

I would like to send an update letter to remind the admissions committee about me, but I'm not sure what to write since I have not added to my health/clinical experience, taken any additional courses or published a paper.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

How about a note questioning your current standing on the defferred list and when/if you might receive an acceptance, and mentioning your enthusiam and intent for that school?

How about a note questioning your current standing on the defferred list and when/if you might receive an acceptance, and mentioning your enthusiam and intent for that school?
Thanks, DocWinter, I was considering that but was afraid an update letter without an update may just draw attention to all that I haven't done in this interval!

Members don't see this ad :)
It really can only help - if you haven't "increased" your application and it won't look any different now than by April, at least you can job their memory now that you love them and would really, really like to be a student there..

Best of luck

Haha, that's probably true. I guess it can't hurt! Thanks!