Non-Trad, use average cGPA or above average sGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tri99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

I am wondering how I should go about using my non-traditional cGPA and sGPA to get a ballpark for what schools I can realistically have a chance at. My undergraduate degree was in business which I completed with a ~3.5 cumulative GPA, of which only statistics would be calculated into my BCPM GPA.

I am about to finish a career-changer post bacc which consists of 40 hours of BCPM courses, and at this time it is reasonable to believe I will finish with a ~3.9 in the program giving me a ~ 3.9 BCPM GPA and around a ~3.6 cumulative GPA.

I understand that there is far much more than GPA that goes into factoring what schools I have a good chance at, I would just like to know if I should base my GPA more towards the ~3.6 or ~3.9 or somewhere in the middle when evaluating where I should apply.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your sGPA is more important than cGPA. You have a 3.9 sGPA and that is what you should use more to decide. Don't nail yourself in the coffin before you even apply...

Reactions: 1 user
Hello SDN,

I am wondering how I should go about using my non-traditional cGPA and sGPA to get a ballpark for what schools I can realistically have a chance at. My undergraduate degree was in business which I completed with a ~3.5 cumulative GPA, of which only statistics would be calculated into my BCPM GPA.

I am about to finish a career-changer post bacc which consists of 40 hours of BCPM courses, and at this time it is reasonable to believe I will finish with a ~3.9 in the program giving me a ~ 3.9 BCPM GPA and around a ~3.6 cumulative GPA.

I understand that there is far much more than GPA that goes into factoring what schools I have a good chance at, I would just like to know if I should base my GPA more towards the ~3.6 or ~3.9 or somewhere in the middle when evaluating where I should apply.

Thanks

AMCAS computes your undergraduate cGPA and sGPA by taking account of postbacc courses AND undergrad courses.

Your “official” sGPA and cGPA will take account of both.

I'd suggest picking a spread of schools that covers the range, since you don't know what metrics individual schools use to compare you to other applicants.