cromagnon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2003
USA
Status (Visible)
i'm looking for info on what schools have a non-traditional curriculum comparable to the one at duke (all basic sciences in one year, clinicals a year early, etc.) any help would be appreciated..

thanks

About the Ads

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Rochester has sciences and clinical intertwined throughout all 4 years.... IMHO the best curriculum in the country

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by ZekeMD
Rochester has sciences and clinical intertwined throughout all 4 years.... IMHO the best curriculum in the country

Does this opinion have anything to do with your acceptance? :laugh: :laugh:

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey Zeke,

Where is U Rochester ranked? Just curious... their curriculum sounds great; unfortunately I never researched the school when I was applying...

josehernandez94

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by quideam
Hey Zeke,

Where is U Rochester ranked? Just curious... their curriculum sounds great; unfortunately I never researched the school when I was applying...

Am I missing something or is this a little bit of a strange post? A. Why does it matter what Rochester's ranked? B. If you want to know, why not look yourself?

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I don't think it's strange... I did look, couldn't find anything, but then again, I don't have the full edition of US news. Does it matter where Rochester is ranked? Not as far as whether it's good to go there or not. I was just curious because their curriculum seems really cool, but I haven't heard anything about it - so I was just wondering. No reason to attack... :)

leavesam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
U of Rochester is ranked 31 in research, according to US NEWS 2004. PM me if you want the rankings of the top 69 schools.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by leavesam
U of Rochester is ranked 31 in research, according to US NEWS 2004. PM me if you want the rankings of the top 69 schools.

and top 10 in primary care just incase you wanted to know that too.

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thanks guys! Those are really good... too bad I didn't research the school earlier... oh well :)

josehernandez94

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
Quideam,

No I wasn't attacking at all. I was just sort of puzzled by the question. I got lots of love here, especially for a chick that plays hockey:D

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Quideam....you play hockey?! :clap:
That's awesome!

AlreadyInDebt... My opinion has nothing to do with my acceptance. Rochester was my #1 choice from day 1. I'm still active at Pitt (in case I get the scholarship) and UVa (really liked the area, but like Rochester as a school better)... I'm 99% sure I'll end up in Rochester and will be very happy there. It's an amazing program.

citygirl

Land of Happy Cows
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
UCSF has a completely integrated curriculum so I guess that's nontraditional. Lots of PBL and small group work. I'm very happy here but its not for everyone. OHSU, too.

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
And Zeke, if you and I both get into UPitt, I better see you at the second look!!!! Forget Rochester... it's Pitt!!! ;)

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Ice hockey rocks my world ;). http://www.geocities.com/ruwomenshockey/

Thats awesome! Regardless of where i go...there better be a league to play in somewhere, or maybe just a rink where I can get in on pick up games. I LOVE hockey:love: . Quideam, ever hear of Clarkson? We have a D1 team here...I'm sure going to miss that. :(

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
sweet... do you play for D1? We're just a club team :(... but a damned good one!!

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
sweet... do you play for D1? We're just a club team :(... but a damned good one!!

hahaha I wish I was that good. I'm decent, but there's no way I could play at that level. I just play with friends up here and have played in summer leagues. Which one are you by the way? Just curious

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Zeke, I sent you a PM :)

GTea

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2004
CA
Status (Visible)
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College has PBL and some seminars only. No lectures at all. Plus each student gets a clinical advisor and a research advisor for the entire period there.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.