non-traditional curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cromagnon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for info on what schools have a non-traditional curriculum comparable to the one at duke (all basic sciences in one year, clinicals a year early, etc.) any help would be appreciated..

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

UPenn - 1.5 years pre-clinical

Members don't see this ad :)
Rochester has sciences and clinical intertwined throughout all 4 years.... IMHO the best curriculum in the country

Originally posted by ZekeMD
Rochester has sciences and clinical intertwined throughout all 4 years.... IMHO the best curriculum in the country

Does this opinion have anything to do with your acceptance? :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Zeke,

Where is U Rochester ranked? Just curious... their curriculum sounds great; unfortunately I never researched the school when I was applying...

Originally posted by quideam
Hey Zeke,

Where is U Rochester ranked? Just curious... their curriculum sounds great; unfortunately I never researched the school when I was applying...

Am I missing something or is this a little bit of a strange post? A. Why does it matter what Rochester's ranked? B. If you want to know, why not look yourself?

I don't think it's strange... I did look, couldn't find anything, but then again, I don't have the full edition of US news. Does it matter where Rochester is ranked? Not as far as whether it's good to go there or not. I was just curious because their curriculum seems really cool, but I haven't heard anything about it - so I was just wondering. No reason to attack... :)

U of Rochester is ranked 31 in research, according to US NEWS 2004. PM me if you want the rankings of the top 69 schools.

Originally posted by leavesam
U of Rochester is ranked 31 in research, according to US NEWS 2004. PM me if you want the rankings of the top 69 schools.

and top 10 in primary care just incase you wanted to know that too.

Thanks guys! Those are really good... too bad I didn't research the school earlier... oh well :)

Quideam,

No I wasn't attacking at all. I was just sort of puzzled by the question. I got lots of love here, especially for a chick that plays hockey:D

Quideam....you play hockey?! :clap:
That's awesome!

AlreadyInDebt... My opinion has nothing to do with my acceptance. Rochester was my #1 choice from day 1. I'm still active at Pitt (in case I get the scholarship) and UVa (really liked the area, but like Rochester as a school better)... I'm 99% sure I'll end up in Rochester and will be very happy there. It's an amazing program.

UCSF has a completely integrated curriculum so I guess that's nontraditional. Lots of PBL and small group work. I'm very happy here but its not for everyone. OHSU, too.

And Zeke, if you and I both get into UPitt, I better see you at the second look!!!! Forget Rochester... it's Pitt!!! ;)

Ice hockey rocks my world ;). http://www.geocities.com/ruwomenshockey/

Thats awesome! Regardless of where i go...there better be a league to play in somewhere, or maybe just a rink where I can get in on pick up games. I LOVE hockey:love: . Quideam, ever hear of Clarkson? We have a D1 team here...I'm sure going to miss that. :(

sweet... do you play for D1? We're just a club team :(... but a damned good one!!

sweet... do you play for D1? We're just a club team :(... but a damned good one!!

hahaha I wish I was that good. I'm decent, but there's no way I could play at that level. I just play with friends up here and have played in summer leagues. Which one are you by the way? Just curious

Zeke, I sent you a PM :)

Cleveland Clinic Lerner College has PBL and some seminars only. No lectures at all. Plus each student gets a clinical advisor and a research advisor for the entire period there.