Application pending mcat non traditional app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidp17

Reaction score
I am graduating in december 2024 and am finishing my pre med courses over the summer bio 1 and bio2 and biochem over the fall which is a class I am self teaching via anki now since I will not have finished that course by the time I take mcat. I wish to apply to both MD and DO schools this summer pending taking mcat in mid august. If my application is verified and processed only pending the score is this still too late in the cycle to be worth it? I currently am a Marine veteran (5 years of service) , with 75 clinical hours, 3.8 cumulative, 3.5 science gpa.

Members don't see this ad.

Please post in the traditional format for a full WAMC. It is difficult to ascertain your chances without your mcat and a full list of experiences. Based on the information here, it would probably be best to apply next cycle and not the upcoming 2024-2025 cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait till next cycle (or maybe even 2 cycles) and actually don't take the MCAT until after the fall when you've completed biochem (a very important topic on the MCAT!).

Reactions: 1 user
Here is the grid. Fill it out completely for the best advice. Good luck.